I think my radiator is about to fail

jdmgear

Reaction score
My radiator just recently started to have the same issue and it looks as if the leak in on top in between the fins. I'm thinking of trying some JBweld (yes I know that not the best option) since the leak is extremely small.

The version I have is a Valeo and I see that Honda also used Denso as the other brand. If I need to replace my radiator does anyone know if the Valeo is swappable with the Denso? I wanna to stick with a OEM radiator since everything else is OEM, has anyone had any experience with an aftermarket version?

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/online...7 456593&isBigPicture=False&pageName=Radiator

sodaks2k

Reaction score
If I need to replace my radiator does anyone know if the Valeo is swappable with the Denso?

I would imagine that they are not swappable since you have to differentiate between the two when ordering them, even with aftermarket ones. I still haven't installed my aftermarket radiator that I got for $100, but others have used aftermarket ones with little to no problems.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I would imagine that they are not swappable since you have to differentiate between the two when ordering them, even with aftermarket ones. I still haven't installed my aftermarket radiator that I got for $100, but others have used aftermarket ones with little to no problems.

i'm pretty sure the only difference between the two is the radiator cap

finch13

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is no difference. Honda LOVES to use 2 different suppliers for the same exact part. Headgasket has 2 choices for the came motor, different brands of timing belt tensioners, etc.

It really won't matter.

BTW, nice wheels jdmgear! :lawl:

jdmgear

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is no difference. Honda LOVES to use 2 different suppliers for the same exact part. Headgasket has 2 choices for the came motor, different brands of timing belt tensioners, etc.

It really won't matter.

BTW, nice wheels jdmgear! :lawl:

:) Hey thanks. I do miss those wheels, since I had so many OEM compliments. They look great on your car. My car doesn't even look like that anymore, including my retrofit is gone after a lady destroyed my front end. I need to redo my S2000 retro :beer2:.

I've heard the OEM radiators are over-rated and aftermarket work just as well. I really hate to put anything aftermarket on my car since everything down to the brakes are OEM, any opinions on an aftermarket radiator would be great. I'm probably going to sell the car within a year anyway so that's one reason I don't feel like dropping $250+ for an OEM unit. I found one in the link below with good positive comments.

Also are their any links to a DIY radiator and thermostat replacement on the forum or any other websites? (I know I being lazy with the search)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

finch13

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything bad about Napa radiators... have you tired googling the Valeo part number to see if anything turns up?

I love the wheels too, they've been great. SO many people ask what model the OEM Honda wheels came off of and I just chuckle and say "JDM something something" and their eyes get big. The centercaps you made definitely make or break the wheels, IMO.

Back