Piston rings

skabone

Reaction score
no prob, I'm just waiting for Brian to get back to me. I should hear back from him sometime later today.

acrod99

Reaction score
we plan to go look at the engine before 5 today (thats when they close). If it looks good, i'll drop $50 on it to hold till tomorrow. I'll take pics for you guys, too.

skabone

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back from Brian.

I just heard back from my shop, they said my car might be ready today, but definatly tommrow. they mentioned that my clutch has about 40% of the life left on it, when I walked into the shop I noticed that they had an out of the box clutch for an H22/F22 for $70. I asked them about the clutch cause it will also fit an F23, they said they'll throw it on there and only charge me $50 for the clutch, score!:D I can't wait to get my car back, its going to drive so smooth.:cool:

acrod99

Reaction score
Just picked up a f23 from a '98 EX. 48000 miles for $350. It's not a ulev, so i hope it'll work with my ECU. Everything's been chopped, so a lot is being transferred from my old one. I'll post pics later.

skabone

Reaction score
I just heard back from Brian, he said you should be fine with the engine.

I would recommend throwing on a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, and stuff like that just incase.

scrappys64

Reaction score
Why are you selling the turbo? Just curious. It's not due to the auto tranny is it??

acrod99

Reaction score
^no.
img00268dc.jpg

img00307uq.jpg

here it is. gues we'll start the teardown tomorow sometime. Anyone know the best way to remove the old one? ie: engine+tranny or just engine and also lift out or drop? thanks

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hahaha, whats with the pic acrod? haha. i personally wouldve put the bungee strap over the crank pulley tho, this way if you have to stop too fast youl have a less chance of the engine toppling over.

edit : i didnt see the rest of your post, or maybe you just edited it? the only thing i saw was the engine in the back of the truck, haha. so youre gonna rebuild it yourself? if youre gonna stick with na, see if you can get the head milled, PnP'd, intake manny Pnp'd and portmatched, youll prolly gains close to 25-30 donkeys, haha.

Last edited:

acrod99

Reaction score
^wait for me to finish editing! geez! haha j/k. the thing was really steady. the strap's just to hold it against the tailgate. dont worry its safely in the garage now.

skabone

Reaction score
man, my new engine looks like its in much better shape than yours. I guess cause its an AZ engine and there is no rust, or salt crap.

as for the install, it will be easier to drop it out from the bottom. I helped notoriousB swap out engines once, he's done it a few times, and said dropping it from the bottom was the easiest way to do it.

by the way notoriousB lives in Peabody MA, he's real close by to you. I don't know if you've seen his ride, but he's got a fully built F23 turbo.

Back