Ralphie's 2002 Special Edition

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah the tear is on the bottom left corner of the driver seat, just behind the trunk pull. It's like 2" long or so. I've debated replacing it, but someday I want to swap to the black leather interior and get red suede inserts in the seats.

Ralphie

Reaction score
Yeah the tear is on the bottom left corner of the driver seat, just behind the trunk pull. It's like 2" long or so. I've debated replacing it, but someday I want to swap to the black leather interior and get red suede inserts in the seats.

Ohhh that sounds real nice!

I wish i had leather.

The wifey hates leather.

I had the leathers in my 93 SE.
:run:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mine has leather and I use Meguiar's Leather Care product.

I like the smell, it's like a new car scent.

Fortunately I don't have the typical rip(s) on the Driver's seat, just creases.

Mikey

Reaction score
Mine has a decent tear and creases. :mad:

Chris, I like the sound of that, but i dont know...for some reason, i think tan leather with red inserts would look hot as **** in your car. Black/red always looks nice but its played out. I thought about doing dark green inserts on mine but i dunno...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mine has a decent tear and creases. :mad:

Chris, I like the sound of that, but i dont know...for some reason, i think tan leather with red inserts would look hot as **** in your car. Black/red always looks nice but its played out. I thought about doing dark green inserts on mine but i dunno...

Tan with red.....yes.....alcantra would be the better material to use for that, but I like the sound of that.

The green would be ok too.....better if you had a DEP Coupe.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wish i had leather.

The wifey hates leather.

I had the leathers in my 93 SE.

Leather has its benefits and downfalls. It looks great, is easy to clean, and feels good...BUT on a cold day the seats are cold, and on a hot day they're hot. My fiance hates that. But as long as you get heated/cooled leather seats, you're good. lol

Mine has leather and I use Meguiar's Leather Care product.

I like the smell, it's like a new car scent.

Fortunately I don't have the typical rip(s) on the Driver's seat, just creases.

Yeah I've got creases everywhere on the driver seat. Hey can you link me to what Meg's leather product you're using? I like the smell of mine, but it's not so much a new car smell...

You're probably right. Never thought of it, as none of my friends do anything with their cars, and there are little to no meets in this city so I never see custom interiors. And I see very few modded 6thgens around these parts. Red and tan, eh....maybe I'll photoshop that. I always did like tan seats with red stitching or piping.

Dude you should go for the green if you get the chance, I think that would be sweet. Doing things your own signature way can really make a car. For example, I'm so glad I did redhousings instead of black for my car. I think only knox and I have em.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^^Only because Ian sold his Coupe, you two are the only active Accord Club owner's with redhoused headlights....indeed a rarity.

I will have to take a look at the actual bottle Chris and let you know, I couldn't find it online, so I am wondering if the bottle has been redesigned.

Mikey

Reaction score
Tan with red.....yes.....alcantra would be the better material to use for that, but I like the sound of that.
The green would be ok too.....better if you had a DEP Coupe.
My coupe is DEP, so a real nice dark green insert would probably look pretty sweet. I could probably even get by wth black/tan. I had black/tan in my green 4GA and i liked the look of it.

You're probably right. Never thought of it, as none of my friends do anything with their cars, and there are little to no meets in this city so I never see custom interiors. And I see very few modded 6thgens around these parts. Red and tan, eh....maybe I'll photoshop that. I always did like tan seats with red stitching or piping.

Dude you should go for the green if you get the chance, I think that would be sweet. Doing things your own signature way can really make a car. For example, I'm so glad I did redhousings instead of black for my car. I think only knox and I have em.
I bought mine last July but i dont recall having too many issues with hot leather. Ive definitely experienced cold leather and it sucked! Good luck with those heated seats, homie. :p

If you did do red inserts, you'd have to be REAL careful what color red. I think SMR might be a shade too bright but go too dark and it wont match. I could definitely see red stitching though.

And I know a handful of guys in Ohio, I just dont know how close they are to the Nati, lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mikey, 99cfenvy did the black/tan inserts in his DEP Coupe.

I didn'tt realize/remember your car was DEP as well, so those inserts would definately be a good look.

Ralphie

Reaction score
I had tan leather in my cb7 and it had green pinstripping to match the geneva greel pearl.

Definitely got props and questions all the time.

I don't know which id like more, tan with red, or black with red.

Tan with red would be sick.

Back