Ralphie's 2002 Special Edition

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ralphie's members ride thread = 6GA coupe shoutbox. Lol

Yeah, lol. One side recently started lighting back up but the other side keeps coming "undone". The tap eis still on there and there's no burns or contact spots so im not sure what im doing wrong. I may wrap the entire bottom of the bulb in tape and just cut away enough for the signal to operate. :thinking:

That could work. I cut a small piece of black electrical tape to cover the bottom and side parts of the lead, and stuck that to the bulb & inserted it into the socket. No probs yet.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Hey whats good ralphie ? i just joined this forum myself. i copped a 2001 from an ex co-worker 33,000 miles on her !!! your pictures are sick! im from coney island !! im thinking about taking some pics in that same area where you took yours before its all knocked down. are you from CI? i have no clue about what i want to do with my car maybe we could swap some ideas. do you know a good mechanic that you go too? do you do some of the work yourself ?

later

swap ideas when you come to this meet.

hope to see you there.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34905

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ralphie, your car is an inspiration for conversation....or at least your thread is!

Ralphie

Reaction score
How is the tape holding up on your tail light mod? Mine keeps coming undone or something. The lights keep working. Iim just short of wrapping the entire connector in tape and cutting a slot for the operating filament. Otherwise I cant get it to stay. Any advice?

Mine is holding up fine, at least i think it is...ill have to double check. I just cut a small sliver of et, and placed it over the corner as posted in the DIY.

Ya if your having problems, wrapping the whole unit might be the easiest way.

Hey whats good ralphie ? i just joined this forum myself. i copped a 2001 from an ex co-worker 33,000 miles on her !!! your pictures are sick! im from coney island !! im thinking about taking some pics in that same area where you took yours before its all knocked down. are you from CI? i have no clue about what i want to do with my car maybe we could swap some ideas. do you know a good mechanic that you go too? do you do some of the work yourself ?

later

What up brah!

wow thats awesome, i remember when my car had 33k miles.

Thanks, yea im over in Sheepshead Bay. I went out one evening in the fall intent on doing a photoshoot and all i could think of was CI. Im glad it worked out good.

Ya we could deff swap ideas, but if you check out members rides on here and the DIY section youll get ideas faster because im still a 6GA newb myself lol.

Only things ive done to my car thus far is HIDs, interior LED swaps, and a little tail light mod.

I don't have a mechanic for mods, my father in law takes it to a place for maintenance but other then that i try to do all the work myself.

Ralphie

Reaction score
and LOL@the shoutbox mod for my thread.

Its all good tho, im loving it!!!

Nothing new to report, except that i found an amazing spot for a photoshoot with a bridge....not giving any clues away but im excited.

Ralphie

Reaction score
No new updates except i swiped a work van the other day and now my drivers side fender is fubared.

I pop a lot of it out and cleaned it up, but it's still ouchies.

Anyway i got a new job, full time with the Govt so ive been busy lol...no more freetime.

Ralphie

Reaction score
Hey, what size was the bulb for the shifter plate and where'd you get it?

Oh oops. Sorry. I forgot I posted in this thread. Let me go double check for you. =D I definitely don't want to lead you down the wrong path...

Edit: I went back and double checked the light output. Everything was readable. The red lettering was not as bright since I'm running an amber LED. As for hotspots, I didn't have any. I'm not sure, but it might be possible to have hotspots if you're running a different color LED. If you're ordering from SuperBrightLEDs, make sure you get the "74xHP3" bulb. That bulb as the 360 degree beam pattern that you need. It's a bit pricier than the other ones, but it'll insure that all the numbers are visible. Hope that helps out.

patliber

Reaction score
hey man what hids did you install ? looks like you put two pairs in there, i like i like. And is that 5000k ?

Ralphie

Reaction score
hey man what hids did you install ? looks like you put two pairs in there, i like i like. And is that 5000k ?

Hey man, i installed the DDM Raptor Fatties.

5k is correct.

But it is only one "pair".

one ballast for each headlight.

Back