RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

^Thanks. I did but not a very good one. I'll post it....don’t mind the creeper face haha.

I’m not clear on what you’re asking...are you trying to space the motor mounts from the subframe?

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Lol, I may consider them after seeing them in action.

I am, but I'm not sure if the difference in transmission mounts will require different spacers. I don't think they would.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

You could try looking up the part numbers for transmission mounts between auto/manual J32 and compare to auto J30. They may be the same between auto J32/J30 and then differ with the manual...not sure. All I can say is I bought new transmission mounts for mounting the 6MT.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Video of mirrors folding from inside the car. I'll get one from outside after I get them painted.

Not sure how to embed Vimeo videos...here's a link.

https://vimeo.com/142397543

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score

My car is...my car, lol. The only thing I've done is out new tires on it. Otherwise not much going there. I'm not out of the game but indefinitely want something with more doors. I've been looking at G8s(I want a GT but I've considered a V6), Impala SS, etc. But with the new house and the GF's health and employment issues, a car is the last thing I need to be thinking about right now.

If I did inserts I'd try to do a darker tan like that of the dash. I know matching is a pain though. Since I have the wood trim I could MAYBE get away with brown inserts. Hell, even just matching what's there already and just perforating it would be a nice touch.

I know what thread you're talking about with the LEDs behind the mirror. That's what came to mind. If I remember correctly, I think they were just store bought, universal arrows. I like the GenTex rear view with the compass and temp sensor. How is your rear view, better than oem? Compared to a Broadway?

I saw the switches FNCONE posted. Those are pretty cool. Would love to have those. Again, more work. Don't know what the future holds. Hopefully good things.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Good OEM+ stuff as always, particularly PFMs. Can you still fold them manually tho?

I see what you mean by your current color of the inserts. Mikey's choice seems legit. Was gonna say maybe black, but.. okay. Hey, how about NH412L somehow? Might integrate well with your window switch trim. :thinking:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

My car is...my car, lol. The only thing I've done is out new tires on it. Otherwise not much going there. I'm not out of the game but indefinitely want something with more doors. I've been looking at G8s(I want a GT but I've considered a V6), Impala SS, etc. But with the new house and the GF's health and employment issues, a car is the last thing I need to be thinking about right now.

If I did inserts I'd try to do a darker tan like that of the dash. I know matching is a pain though. Since I have the wood trim I could MAYBE get away with brown inserts. Hell, even just matching what's there already and just perforating it would be a nice touch.

I know what thread you're talking about with the LEDs behind the mirror. That's what came to mind. If I remember correctly, I think they were just store bought, universal arrows. I like the GenTex rear view with the compass and temp sensor. How is your rear view, better than oem? Compared to a Broadway?

I saw the switches FNCONE posted. Those are pretty cool. Would love to have those. Again, more work. Don't know what the future holds. Hopefully good things.

Nothing wrong with the V6 G8, you still get most of the GT's good looks and you would still have more horsepower than you do in the Accord.

Someone did a tan/brown Katzkin interior and it looked pretty good iirc. Found the thread I think but the pic links are broken. You might remember it though.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38870

Here's another reference, kinda:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22391&highlight=katzkin

Yea that's a great mirror for $85 shipped. I've never used a broadway so I can't compare, but I'll say I can see all I need to see with this one (though that's how I felt about the OEM mirror honestly). It may be a tad bigger than OEM? Either way I think I'd rather have an autodimming mirror with compass/temp than a larger mirror, but that's me. Anyway if you get it, you'll want this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151798618409?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hope everything works out for you guys, life is always throwing a wrench in something lol. We just found out our daughter has a peanut allergy, though we don't know how severe yet.

Good OEM+ stuff as always, particularly PFMs. Can you still fold them manually tho?

I see what you mean by your current color of the inserts. Mikey's choice seems legit. Was gonna say maybe black, but.. okay. Hey, how about NH412L somehow? Might integrate well with your window switch trim. :thinking:

Thanks. I doubt you can fold PFM's manually since they were not built for it.

I am going to look into tan perf leather...in the link above I read Triplewell makes the leather upholstery for Honda/Acura. Maybe they will have the same tan perf leather from the CL-S seats for me to use in the doors. Still not giving up on red just yet though.

The silver would be interesting, just having a hard time visualizing that. Might look weird, I dunno...never seen silver leather in a car I don't think.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Thanks. I doubt you can fold PFM's manually since they were not built for it.

I am going to look into tan perf leather...in the link above I read Triplewell makes the leather upholstery for Honda/Acura. Maybe they will have the same tan perf leather from the CL-S seats for me to use in the doors. Still not giving up on red just yet though.

The silver would be interesting, just having a hard time visualizing that. Might look weird, I dunno...never seen silver leather in a car I don't think.
All right. Was just curious if they still fold like the OEM's, so they absorb an impact when something hits them. (Say, a fat lady walks by your car parked in a tight space. "Bump." Wtf.. But hey, it's ok.) I thought PFMs can be folded if needed by hand but maybe not..

A darker tan would work out if there will be enough contrast like your dash board imo. But it might need a little bit of some spice, when it comes to a customized appearance. The silver was just a little bit of that spice from my 2cents, but yeah let's not give up on red. Maybe a darker red might give out some elegances. (Red wine perf leather.. :naughty:)

Keep up the good work, Chris!

Mikey

Reaction score

IDK about silver or grey. I still say tan, dark tan, or a brown would look nice. Is black out of the question?

I got the Broadway mirror because I hated how little I could see with the OEM. It was a bit pricey but it clips on to the OEM mirror and has a nice blue tint. I picked the flat but now kinda wish I would've gone with the convex.

Life is weird like that. It's true that we're never given more than we can handle but a break would be nice for a while. If I could find one with low miles like mine and that's been taken care of, I'd entertain a 6G v6 sedan. Maybe. I've also considered older, early 2000s, Jeep Cherokees. My mom has one and aside from the lack of CC, it's pretty decent. 4WD, 4 doors, v6. Although it's a little tight for long drives.

Anywho...don't forget to clear bra the mirrors after paint. ;)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

All right. Was just curious if they still fold like the OEM's, so they absorb an impact when something hits them. (Say, a fat lady walks by your car parked in a tight space. "Bump." Wtf.. But hey, it's ok.) I thought PFMs can be folded if needed by hand but maybe not..

A darker tan would work out if there will be enough contrast like your dash board imo. But it might need a little bit of some spice, when it comes to a customized appearance. The silver was just a little bit of that spice from my 2cents, but yeah let's not give up on red. Maybe a darker red might give out some elegances. (Red wine perf leather.. :naughty:)

Keep up the good work, Chris!

They may be able to, I haven't tried. You have me curious now though. But if I end up parking anywhere near anyone, they will definitely be folded. ;)

IDK about silver or grey. I still say tan, dark tan, or a brown would look nice. Is black out of the question?

I got the Broadway mirror because I hated how little I could see with the OEM. It was a bit pricey but it clips on to the OEM mirror and has a nice blue tint. I picked the flat but now kinda wish I would've gone with the convex.

Life is weird like that. It's true that we're never given more than we can handle but a break would be nice for a while. If I could find one with low miles like mine and that's been taken care of, I'd entertain a 6G v6 sedan. Maybe. I've also considered older, early 2000s, Jeep Cherokees. My mom has one and aside from the lack of CC, it's pretty decent. 4WD, 4 doors, v6. Although it's a little tight for long drives.

Anywho...don't forget to clear bra the mirrors after paint. ;)

Most with a tan interior who didn't convert to black leather have gone with black accents. That, and I'm just not a huge fan of black/tan together. I don't think I'm feeling dark tan/brown, if anything I'll match the tan or do a darker red. But right now I've kind of lost the motivation for this mod lol.

I always liked those boxy Cherokees, only thing was the dash was so short which made the interior feel small/cramped. They looked sweet from the outside though. A lot better than most of the bubble suv's plaguing the roads now. 6G sedan huh...never would have thought haha.

Didn't even think of clearbra'ing the mirrors, good point!

Last edited:
Back