stock shocks theory.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
the op's idea doesnt sound too bad tho, but it sounds more like ghetto rigging at its finest. stock shocks arent valved for stiffer spring rates and such.

That's my thoughts. For the work involved, just go buy a set of aftermarket shocks.

Cpyro

Reaction score
Always see, dont use stock shocks with drop springs, but as of late ive seen alot of coilovers with stock shocks, that cant be much better.

finch13

Reaction score
wow... Its not the shock travel that's that big of an issue, its the valving that's going to fail you.

Plus, if you've ever put springs on you know that no matter what shock it is, the spring always pulls the piston all the way up. So, you'll be loading up the shock with a ton of preload before you get it into the car. I hope it doesn't blow the spring right off. And when you start driving you're either going to demolish the bumpstops and blow the piston out the bottom or pull it out the top.

accord27

Reaction score
Well just a thot. Yea its ghetto...haha! I agree...but I'm a federal employee( unemployment) and times are tough, so spending money for shocks is sooooo outta my reach right now =( I'm going to try it with some integra shocks I have before I do it to my accord. Ill try and take pictures. Doesn't hurt to try! =)

Millz

Reaction score
Well just a thot. Yea its ghetto...haha! I agree...but I'm a federal employee( unemployment) and times are tough, so spending money for shocks is sooooo outta my reach right now =( I'm going to try it with some integra shocks I have before I do it to my accord. Ill try and take pictures. Doesn't hurt to try! =)

IMO with a 1.8 inch drop you wouldn't have TOO much to worry bout on the stock shock

Back