TL switchblade key remote

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
True, but if that's the case, why wouldn't a key with the correct transponder chip be able to be programmed and work? See that's what I keep trying to wrap my head around is why this seems so impossible and yet to me it seems do-able if the work is put in correctly.

cuz the transponder chip, and the chip for the buttons are completely separate, haha.

SKY99

Reaction score
Just getting the thing to start my car would be enough for me... what key did you use Vimal?

Dtownz Thrillah

Reaction score
Vimal. Ill send you an extra key and you can hack it up and put it in the switchblade for me. I have an aftermarket alarm anyways so I dont care for the buttons =]

KnightRyder

Reaction score
dtownz, i appreciate your confidence in me, lol but im not up for it. too many things on my plate as is.

you know how the TL key has the laser cut style blank? well i found a guy a long time ago (dont have the link anymore) that would take a blank TL switchblade and cut grooves in in length wise, like our older style keys and then he'd send it back to you and you could get it cut anywhere locally but in the end it would end up being a very expensive key though.

dtownz, since you have an aftermarket alarm anyways, why not buy one of those generic switchblade keys on ebay and have your local key shop cut it for you?

like this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

a little kiosk at my local mall has those ^ type of keys for sale.

Last edited:

Dtownz Thrillah

Reaction score
Holy crap Vimal I never knew those existed ... I looked along time ago on eBay but I guess not hard enough haha

Thanks Vimal!

Ill let you know if I decide to get it

xx24xx

Reaction score
So it costs $60-120 to get a duplicate key with a special chip from the dealership? Thats recockulous!

ray01

Reaction score
The thing is, it's technically the chip in the key that makes it work or not (diff chip = diff frequency). Like I've seen a key + remote combo that might work (not sure if I wanna try it or not)
Here

so i took a chance and ordered it on ebay.
came in the mail a couple days ago. took it to the delear to get it cut and programmed....
and it works, both the remote and the key to start the car
mind you this is no where close to oem but im happy
only issue is the key does feel a bit flimsy and theres some play with the key itself like it feels a bit loose. but right now im pretty happy with it

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
OMG! Seriously!!! So if i took a generic switchblade remote key and did the same thing it'll actually work?!? if you say yes, cannot even begin to say how happy lol.

ray01

Reaction score
well if you have your stock alarm then yes the one that i just bought will work. but if you have an aftermarket alarm then you will just need a generic switch blade key and if immobi is a problem, then you can hack a valet key and just tape the chip to the ignition

here some pics btw
switchblade.jpg

switchblade2.jpg

Last edited:

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Hey could we get a pic of it on top of something for sizing? like a credit card or something

Back