TL switchblade key remote

ray01

Reaction score
the bottom button is actually not a button, if you try to press on it, it feels empty or just nothing there (cant explain it) but i was curious, so i opened it up to see and they basically took our oem board and stuck it in there with a rubber cover over it so press on the buttons. which explains why the panic doesnt work because the button is too far down and the plastic piece is covering it

not sure what cost is for cutting and programming is for you guys below the border but for me it came to about 70-80 bux CAD

Nismode

Reaction score
so i took a chance and ordered it on ebay.
came in the mail a couple days ago. took it to the delear to get it cut and programmed....
and it works, both the remote and the key to start the car
mind you this is no where close to oem but im happy
only issue is the key does feel a bit flimsy and theres some play with the key itself like it feels a bit loose. but right now im pretty happy with it
Just to make sure, you just took the aftermarket key fob to the dealer, and they cut/programmed it, and you didn't have to mess with any transponder business or programming the remote, they just did everything for the 70-80 CAD and it worked fine?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Last I checked, I was able to go fast over speed bumps, not around them lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
^^^
yes thats it. just make sure your car is an EX because i know LX and EX have different frequency's for their remotes

here's some more pics

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

so i took a chance and ordered it on ebay.
came in the mail a couple days ago. took it to the delear to get it cut and programmed....
and it works, both the remote and the key to start the car
mind you this is no where close to oem but im happy
only issue is the key does feel a bit flimsy and theres some play with the key itself like it feels a bit loose. but right now im pretty happy with it

Big bump, i know, but has anyone else done this with success?

Im interested in doing it but id like to retain my lock/unlock, trunk and PANIC buttons. If all it requires is my old fob and a new switchblade, then id be down for it.

Mikey

Reaction score
Im bumping this.

Again. Lol.

I refuse to let the 7G and 8G guys have all the cool ****.

Turns out the s2k guys had luck. Looks like we might as well.

Last edited:
Back