Update the "look"

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
in the old site I think before we got hacked there was an accord logo.

There was, and yes I put the banner up there. I was going for something simple that got the point across, without putting a lot of attention on one member's accord.

Finding a new default vbulletin theme would be fairly simple I think, just need to surf the web for something that isn't stressing on the eyes (no one likes headaches) but is a little more visually pleasing than what's being used now.

Honestly having a new car featured on each refresh would be cool but I have no clue how to go about doing that, so I'm not sure that's a possibility.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Wildman said:
Honestly having a new car featured on each refresh would be cool but I have no clue how to go about doing that, so I'm not sure that's a possibility.

let shavedaccord and 00Accord4cyl figure tht out :p lol i think it's very possible.. seen it before on other websites

Quinchu

Reaction score
Its really easy, I can show ya which file to edit, and then what php script to put where. I've done it on quite a few of my sites.. for instance.

http://www.never-lan.com/

Its a Halo Lan site, and the picture will rotate with each refresh.

Also, if you wanted some vb skins, I have about 20-30 of them laying around on one of my file servers. Just lemmy know through a PM what kinda colors ya want and I'll send ya one with that scheme.

Last edited:

wesmac

Reaction score
Ok, Ive got an idea, what if we just switch out pics of members accords quarterly. I mean, every 3 months or so get a new 10 cars in to have up. We could cover more ground that way, and have everyone participate, it would be fun. Our cars are our pride and joy, no matter what they look like, thats why were on here, why not let everyone enjoy instead of a select few with large pocket books?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
wesmac said:
Ok, Ive got an idea, what if we just switch out pics of members accords quarterly. I mean, every 3 months or so get a new 10 cars in to have up. We could cover more ground that way, and have everyone participate, it would be fun. Our cars are our pride and joy, no matter what they look like, thats why were on here, why not let everyone enjoy instead of a select few with large pocket books?

or, we could have a ride of the month or something. kinda like what v6p has, but they have it for like 1 car for 2 months. we could maybe do one car for every month. and have one set "6thgen" banner, but the car for the ROTM would be in the banner for its winning month? haha, idk, just a little idea.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^not enough members on here for ROTM.. besides, it'll get all political and $hit if we have the ROTM.... i think having 10 members rotating in the banner for 3 months and then having a new set of 10 cars after tht would be best imo

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
or, we could have a ride of the month or something. kinda like what v6p has, but they have it for like 1 car for 2 months. we could maybe do one car for every month. and have one set "6thgen" banner, but the car for the ROTM would be in the banner for its winning month? haha, idk, just a little idea.

We're working on starting a ROTM again, bi-monthly and having certain themes/categories so everyone actually has a chance (i.e. best car with <$xx invested, best performance, best overall, etc). I think once we get that up and going (which should be soon, the mods have been discussing it for a few weeks) then we could use a rotating banner with the nominees, and also the winner? Just a thought

DarkSideAccord said:
^^not enough members on here for ROTM.. besides, it'll get all political and $hit if we have the ROTM.... i think having 10 members rotating in the banner for 3 months and then having a new set of 10 cars after tht would be best imo

The way we've been talking about handling ROTM the amount of members wouldn't be as big of an issue. Just curious though, because I've never thought about it before, why do you say it would get all political here?

shavedaccord said:

Haha... yeah there is a link to the wayyy old portal that was up for only a few months with a ROTM article written up, but that got hacked along with the old forums, and we just let it die because it wasn't working out very well anyways.

Back