Budget Retro Project

Brad2274

Reaction score
they look sweet! whyd you remove the bottom reflectors?
in for pics of output, curious how different they are from morimoto min h1s

agginline86

Reaction score
they look sweet! whyd you remove the bottom reflectors?
in for pics of output, curious how different they are from morimoto min h1s

I removed them for the blue LED strip I have, was gonna get some clear reflector strips but can't find them for a reasonable price
I'm just gonna black out the bottom so it doesn't look funky anymore
Also going to blackout the reflector bucket behind the projector to set it off more. So i'll be taking them apart again this weekend

I'll take output pics then also, as well as some close ups of the headlights
I had left my DSLR at work so I haven't been able to take nice pics yet

agginline86

Reaction score
OP updated with pics

output is good, as is the cutoff. need to mess with aiming a bit more to make it perfect, but I don't really care haha

agginline86

Reaction score
Update: Headlights are doing great. no complaints. the projectors haven't moved or anything, nothing weird happening. Ballasts and bulbs performing great. For those looking to do a retro, I don't see the need to buy more expensive components. Could probably save even more by checking out a cheaper HID kit.

Completely satisfied

cmgreensr

Reaction score
It's cool to hear everything is still good. Questions I have are can you load a close up of them turned off and if there is nothing holding them in, isn't there a chance one could get jarred out of alignment, then you'd have to pull them apart? It's cool that you were able to pull this off for the price cause that is what usually holds people back but I would hate to pull these apart after doing this.

Back