Budget Retro Project

agginline86

Reaction score
It's cool to hear everything is still good. Questions I have are can you load a close up of them turned off and if there is nothing holding them in, isn't there a chance one could get jarred out of alignment, then you'd have to pull them apart? It's cool that you were able to pull this off for the price cause that is what usually holds people back but I would hate to pull these apart after doing this.

I'll take some pics when I get home.
The nut holding the projector in place is actually pretty beefy, so I don't think that will ever be a problem. If they come looks you would be able to tighten it back up without even needing to remove the headlights from the car. The only instance you would ever need to take them apart is if the shroud came off or something. If you're really paranoid about it, just put some locktite on the projector threading before tightening the nut down

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I think I'm going to purchase these projectors. I figured for $45 it won't be a huge loss if anything bad happens and you seem to like them and so does everyone else that left a review. My only question is if you could provide some more cutoff pics

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I used these for my retro and overall I am very happy with these projectors. They perform well and were cheap.

The driver side is off a hair but when driving it can't be noticed. Phone picture doesn't do it justice either.

image_zps918ca6ab.jpg

Here's how my finished product looks

image_zps72bc9e79.jpg

agginline86

Reaction score
I used these for my retro and overall I am very happy with these projectors. They perform well and were cheap.

The driver side is off a hair but when driving it can't be noticed. Phone picture doesn't do it justice either.

image_zps918ca6ab.jpg

Here's how my finished product looks

image_zps72bc9e79.jpg

SUPER clean! looks great :)
did you have any issues with the install/retro process?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
None at all. They were super easy. Like you said only problem I ran into with the projector itself is the locking ring but I just sanded it down. The hardest part was my e46 shrouds and even that wasn't very hard.

agginline86

Reaction score
None at all. They were super easy. Like you said only problem I ran into with the projector itself is the locking ring but I just sanded it down. The hardest part was my e46 shrouds and even that wasn't very hard.

awesome

:favorites13:

Thormx331

Reaction score
I just used these as my second retros and the light output is super dim. Im using the H1 Ebay HIDs, they worked fine in my old retros but like i said, driving at night it seems like there not even on.

Only thing I can think of is when i put the bulb in the projector it seemed like it should have gone in further but it was a tight fit.

Is everyone else using H1 bulbs for these?

Update: after looking at them again it looks like I'm loosing a lot of the light through the shroud. The other retrofit I'd did had projectors that were sealed.

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score
I just used these as my second retros and the light output is super dim. Im using the H1 Ebay HIDs, they worked fine in my old retros but like i said, driving at night it seems like there not even on.

Only thing I can think of is when i put the bulb in the projector it seemed like it should have gone in further but it was a tight fit.

Is everyone else using H1 bulbs for these?

Update: after looking at them again it looks like I'm loosing a lot of the light through the shroud. The other retrofit I'd did had projectors that were sealed.

I definitely do not have this problem. Probably the bulbs you're using. but i do have H1s

Thormx331

Reaction score
Yea problem solved. They sent me H3 bulbs, luckily I had a place near by I bought H1s from today and these are much better projectors than my old retros.

Has anyone wired in the solenoid for the 'high beam'?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Yea problem solved. They sent me H3 bulbs, luckily I had a place near by I bought H1s from today and these are much better projectors than my old retros.

Has anyone wired in the solenoid for the 'high beam'?

Glad you got the problem solved. I personally didn't wire up my high beam.

Back