Acura RL BBK Upgrade

phi1542

Reaction score
^ Did you look at the link? All this is doing is pushing the stock calipers out to fit a larger rotor, via their custom brackets. No significant advantage in braking power, mostly for looks. Wish they sold just the brackets.

I did but I didnt know it meant that. Looking for cheap BBK for the future but can't seem to find one. Brembos are like 3k its crazy. The brakes would be more than my car lol I saw you post you got yours used for a lot cheaper. I just want mine for looks right now. How much did you get yours?

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got a set of Legend dual piston calipers, TL brackets and 11.8" rotors for sale that will fit any 6th gen with 5 lug hubs. All of that for $150 plus shipping, it doesn't get much cheaper than that!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I did but I didnt know it meant that. Looking for cheap BBK for the future but can't seem to find one. Brembos are like 3k its crazy. The brakes would be more than my car lol I saw you post you got yours used for a lot cheaper. I just want mine for looks right now. How much did you get yours?

No such thing as a cheap BBK, Wilwood has a 2-piston setup for $900 but at that point you may as well go with the Legend upgrade imo. 4-piston BBK's will run anywhere from $1200-$3500 for our cars. But you may be able to find a BBK used in good condition for a reasonable price as I did.

If I were looking now, I'd consider the RL Brembo's, or go with StopTech. Whatever you do, don't buy Rotora.

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score
You right lol I'm leaning towards the RL upgrade since its OEM and cheaper than the D2. I trust Acura more than D2 haha don't hear much on the BBKs. Only issue is where do I get the custom bracket. Is that guy still making them? Kind of an old post so idk if they are still available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score
Best bet is to pm him on v6p, don't think he comes around here.

Yeah that's what i did. I just made an account and messaged him but his last post response was back in like August.... o.o I guess I'll wait. My second best guess is I could contact Fast Brakes. They made the pilor rear caliper brackets and stuff. They have the Legend BBK for our cars and stuff. I can see if they would custom fab me one for the RL BBK and sell it to me. Like a special order. It's a long shot but worth asking.

So all I need is

-12.8" 03-08 350Z Track Package Brembo rotors
-05-08 Acura RL 4 Piston Calipers
-Caliper rebuild kit
-Brake pads
-Brake Fluid
-99-03 TL SS brake lines
-Custom bracket

Is everything here that I need correct? just double checking

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

phi1542

Reaction score
The legend calipers dont have that BBK look to them haha they just look the same as the ones I have right now. I'm doing this mainly for aesthetics but also want better brakes :lawl:

Last edited:
Back