Rain-X Headlight Restoration Kit

TheHunter

Reaction score
Price paid - 15.99
Purchased from - AutoZone
Rating - 9.5/10
Comments - Great product, comes with 3 pads (basically sandpaper), a lubricant for wet sanding, a plastic polish, and a sealer for a good price. Took my headlights from zero to hero in only a few minutes! I was surprised how great these worked. They're not absolutely perfect now, but considering how trashed my lenses were... I'm happy. :D

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9764.jpg

IMG_9776.jpg

IMG_9767.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Yours looked just like mine about a week ago....I took some PlastX to them and it cleaned them up pretty good.

You will probably notice better light output at night while driving now, I did and I wasn't even looking for it.. :lawl:

TheHunter

Reaction score
awesome, what a difference.
wow! hell of a difference!
they look way better
Yeah I was very pleased with how well it worked. I used a different one that you attach to your drill before with "crystals" and foaming stuff but it didn't really help, the sanding pads on this rain-x kit really did it though!

Looks like a great product
I'd say it is.

Yours looked just like mine about a week ago....I took some PlastX to them and it cleaned them up pretty good.

You will probably notice better light output at night while driving now, I did and I wasn't even looking for it.. :lawl:

Yeah my light output at night is probably 3x brighter now. Especially important with HID's... before they were dimmer than people next to me with standard halogens. :( Haha. Yeah I'm happy with how they look and perform now.

Daku

Reaction score
definitely going to give this a shot
and i think you have the same problem as me, one headlight is hazier than the other

TheHunter

Reaction score
definitely going to give this a shot
and i think you have the same problem as me, one headlight is hazier than the other

Umm... I don't know if the pics were misleading, but before they were both equally horrible, and now they are almost exactly the same... and very good at that!

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
if i remember correctly you had a pic of one done and one that wasnt done to compare....think that might be what he's talking about

but i could be wrong i cant see the pics at work.. :lawl:

Back