6th gen front end on a prelude! HELP!!!!

iHazSnail

Reaction score
props to you on doing it but be prepared to be flamed at meets and such. It doesn't make sense to me but power to you if you want to do it.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
flamed at meets?

he is getting flamed here

i mean to each his own, but you are a punk in how you act on this site

you have all your answers, we told you that TYC have crap output.....why the **** are you still here?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Leave the poor guy alone. This is totally doable and I have seen much crazier things done to OEM quality. You couldn't pay me to do this if I had a Prelude but every now and then, I see a conversion where I really think it looks great, it flows, and is unique. Sure, many people have done it wrong, many people have done it right and it just doesn't look right, and from a financial statement, it doesn't make sense. But there are trends just as stupid in the Accord world which I would compare to this. Let him do his thing.

On that note, have you considered a 5th gen Accord front end swap? In my mind, it seems like it would flow better as 6th gens are much bigger cars than 5th gens. If you have to extend the fenders and hood, it shouldn't be more work. I am just thinking proportionally that it would look better, plus you have much more quality aftermarket support in terms of front lips, headlights, grills, etc.

JEER42

Reaction score
The lines of the Accord front fenders do not line up well with the smooth sides of the Prelude IMO. This will take extensive bodywork knowhow and time. Good luck with the project OP. Keep us posted, very interested in the final product.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
youd have better results by selling that prelude, buying a v6 coupe, and 6mt swapping it. and youd save some cash too.​

ferns_lude

Banned
Reaction score
flamed at meets?

he is getting flamed here

i mean to each his own, but you are a punk in how you act on this site

you have all your answers, we told you that TYC have crap output.....why the **** are you still here?
first twas just for info, then i got all this hate/attention(haters/jockers)_same shtt diffrnt tones, been through it all on scp since 2005 http://www.socalprelude.com/index.php it dont bother me. so now jus to put it all in your face i will post my progress

Back