Snoobly's Snail Trail

Snoobly

Reaction score
Alright good to know about the silicon part and the knock sensor. I'm an idiot and had the wiring backwards at first, so she didn't want to start up. then i figured out what i did, rewired it up, and she started right up! I can't find anything wrong with the vacuum lines. I think i'm gonna take off the IACV and clean it out real good. Hopefully that fixes idle issue.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Oh yeah Ryan, congrats on getting them injectors and resistor box wired up correctly too - I know how much of a pain that is, even from when I was doing my build.. I hated that part. Now it's all downhill from here, you got it started! Conversely, you'll be surprised how much more the tune matters than allllll the mechanical work and effort you just did. I can't stress that enough.. Don't settle on anything and be damn sure you trust your tuner, or have a good working relationship with him so that you can immediately stop him if you're sure he's fucking up on something.

Last edited:

Snoobly

Reaction score
UPDATE:
7/7 - Finally got around to working on her again. fixed the vacuum leak. Now she's idling almost perfect. Too scared to run for more than a minute yet though, still running extremely rich at around 10:1. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that tomorrow on my day off.

Snoobly

Reaction score
yeah, forgot to seal the bloxx plate to the manifold. Resulted in a massive vacuum leak.

Snoobly

Reaction score
how do we go about ignition timing with our unmovable distributors? I was hoping i wouldn't have to swap out distributors.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Good to hear you got it running and smooth too!

10:1 is pretty rich for idle. I would tune the ignition via Chrome, but you have to be very very careful as small changes can easily ruin the motor. I am slightly familiar with Chrome (more familiar with the AEM EMS) but you should be able to do all of that through Chrome on your computer. Are you able to connect it directly to your ECU or does that ECU require flashing (again not to familiar with Chrome and p28 tuning)?

Snoobly

Reaction score
Ive got the Ostrich Emulator with Real Time updating. I can't datalog though, That requires Crome-Pro and a Hulog.
I can't seem to get the idle above 12:1. I've been trying all sorts of stuff. I was thinking maybe retarding or advancing the ignition might help it, But then i realized i can't do that with the OBD2 distributor...
Ive been tuning for the past 4 hours or so, and i finally got it to rev to 2250 rpms before dying out. ive tried leaning and riching the A/F to no avail. :furious:
Any help is greatly appreciated! haha!

Also, without crome pro, i don't have legit lambda maps. makes things pretty difficult. Been thinking about just paying the 35 dollars that phearable.net charges to get the basemap. That's all im trying to get is a basemap so i can drive it to the dyno tuner that is 2 hours of highway driving away. that or the street tuner that charges an arm and a leg about 15 minutes away.

Edit: HotAccord, would you happen to have any maps that you use with the AEM? even looking at those and copying some of the numbers might get me a little farther.

Back