Steverino's Road Race Build Thread (Road to CSCS) - Updated almost Daily!!

Steverino

Reaction score
No updates tonight guys, because...well I suck.

The whole night was sabotaged by working on my daily driver. Since I don't believe in "teasers" or hiding ****, I'll just throw the cat out of the bag.

I bought this last October and been slowly um . . de-ricing it:
1sfq6r.jpg

ilhoci.jpg

Most people would be happy with it, but it wasn't really my style, so . . . I got to work and this is how it sits now:
IMG00233-20100323-1838.jpg

Basically I removed the WW kit, vinyl graphics, wheels and CF hood. It came with RSX seats that I removed in favour of more comfortable CL seats. Aftermarket intake and exhaust were removed in favour of OEM (save for an Apexi muffler currently). Suspension was swapped out for F2's and I put my old wheels on it. I'm pretty happy with it as a daily driver.

Anyway we were working on wiring the front speakers to the 4-channel amp, but it kind of ended in disaster because the front left speaker doesn't work currently and the remaining front right speaker emits a squealing sound proportional to the RPM's of the car because I didn't use shielded RCA cable. FML. Yeah, audio is definitely not my forte. We called it a night at 1am.

The night was not lost because my Honda hookup delivered parts for a timingbelt/waterpump/oil pump job that will start tomorrow. My friend soaked the crank pulley bolt in penetrating oil in preparation for BUSTING A NUT tomorrow.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Nice progress!

Daily driver looks great. Looks a hell a lot better after you cleaned it up

Last edited:

Steverino

Reaction score
Okay today's update:

Pulled and inspected the plugs today, they seemed good considering about 15,000kms were put on it since boosted.
IMG_3500.jpg

Well my friend started doing the timing belt and water pump tonight. Didn't quite finish but he is well along his way. Also discovered water pump was on its way out so opting to do it at this point was a wise choice.

Here's a before picture:
IMG_3496.jpg

Here my friend has BUSTED A NUT
IMG_3504.jpg

My Honda parts hook-up decided to drop by to drop off EVEN MORE GOODIES (well really just the knock sensor that I broke and a 2006 Civic side mirror that my girlfriend's mom broke):banghead::banghead::banghead:
He also decided to lend a hand
IMG_3516.jpg

Here's the OEM crank pulley and the Unorthodox Racing underdrive crank pulley replacement. BLINGING!
IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

In-progress pictures:
IMG_3512.jpg

A few hours later, it looked like this: new seals and water pump installed.
IMG_3521.jpg

While he was working on that I started prepping the bay for cleaning by removing the push-mount zip ties, ground cables, headlight wiring and horn wiring in the engine bay. Only got around to doing the passenger's side. I took a wire wheel to the more heavily-rusted areas, the rest is just caked on grease and dirt which will get powered out when we drag the car outside for an engine bay degrease/clean/sand/prime/paint.

IMG_3522.jpg

During last night's red-rocket audio session, we had actually mistakenly buried the Unorthodox Racing alternator pulley UNDER the rear passenger seats so I spent 30 minutes looking for it.

I spent quite some time working on the harness, getting measurements for shrink tubing, wire loom girths and lengths.

Here you can get an idea of the workspace we are working in. It's a cozy spot and we're always within reach of one another should the other need help. I'm making notes on wiring harness dimensions here:
IMG_3497.jpg

Afterwards, still same Crappy Honda wiring, but with a bunch of notes:
IMG_3519.jpg

Helps to keeps things labelled so when you re-install the harness, you know exactly where everything goes:
IMG_3523.jpg

I removed the downpipe from the rest of the exhaust that was still on the car and almost got crushed by it in the process. . .
BONUS CONTENT: Unorthodox Racing power steering pulley. LOL.
IMG_3514.jpg

We bolted it back up to the engine to get an idea of what would be involved in going true 3" back.

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

As you can see, while the AC is no longer an issue, the wastegate dumptube is in the way. If we wanted to go 3", we'd have to invert the wastegate and route the dumptube OVER the exhaust manifold and beside the starter. OR think of something else entirely. . .
Definitely something we have to think about and analyze further.

Goodnight folks!

Namboyz

Reaction score
super sick bro. i love the dd tho. the 01-02 bumper with the oem lip kit whooo hot stuff.

Back