»Totaled 02/16/12» TheBax's 1999 Accord Sedan LX V6 (56k)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: »UPDATED 02/14/12» TheBax's 1999 Accord Sedan LX V6 (56k)

You are, and I should have said 3G TL not 2G.

As for the Bayson R lip, not really a fan of it. You are low enough for sure, but I think the Type R is a little more understated.

Bax

Reaction score

I may just rock my ghetto ass mugen lip until I can afford the TL wheels, then get a different lip later. i'll post a pic in a second of my lip, I had to completely cut one side of it and jb weld/zip tie it back together with about an inch and a half cut out of it. That's how badly this ****ing lip was made. But it looks pretty gangster with the zipties and jb. lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score

It's not like the car looks bad with no lip, so you shouldn't worry about that.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Yeah, 01-02 coupe bumpers sort of had that "built in lip" look to them in that it flares at either end a bit. 98-00 had nothing there at all.

Bax

Reaction score

^ Which is probably why I would rather have no lip than my mugen. I just...don't like it when I have it installed. Just my preference I guess. I might put it on one of these days.
But here's the pic:
211rku0.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score

^Yeah, 01-02 coupe bumpers sort of had that "built in lip" look to them in that it flares at either end a bit. 98-00 had nothing there at all.

In summary, 01-02 Coupe/Sedan = Eternal Win.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^lol, I know you are adamant about that so I shall not engage in disagreement.

I'm torn between Type R and the BaysonR oem lip.
Do you think I'm low enough to pull off the BaysonR lip?
and I'm considering the 3G TL wheels. I know they're overplayed, but I just don't know if I want to spend too much on wheels just yet. So I think I'll get the TL wheels for now, and maybe upgrade in the future.

For me, it's not a question of being low enough to pull off the BaysonR OE lip...imo, that mold was made half assed and I hate the way it looks with the square corners. That is just my opinion though.

What sold me on the TypeR lip was seeing it on RedAccordV6_02's car. Coupe yes, but same bumper as you...and I thought it looked so amazing.

I like 3G TL wheels, but check out OutlawStarix's sedan, and ejreams' sedan, and LXcord or someone else had them too. Honestly I think 2G TL-S/CL-S wheels look just as good as 3G TL wheels, at least on a silver or gold sedan.

kn0x47

Reaction score

For me, it's not a question of being low enough to pull off the BaysonR OE lip...imo, that mold was made half assed and I hate the way it looks with the square corners. That is just my opinion though.

+1
Type r is perfect for that bumper. I can't stand any lip baysonr makes. He has ruined them all including the mugen

Bax

Reaction score

In summary, 01-02 Coupe/Sedan = Eternal Win.
Coupe yes, sedan no. :lawl:

What sold me on the TypeR lip was seeing it on RedAccordV6_02's car. Coupe yes, but same bumper as you...and I thought it looked so amazing.
I'm just going to keep looking at pictures and see if one of the lips grows on me more than the other.
I would love to get a 98-00 coupe bumper and oem lip, but I'm not trying to spend that kind of money right now. haha
+1
Type r is perfect for that bumper. I can't stand any lip baysonr makes. He has ruined them all including the mugen
This is probably a noobish question, but what is different about his mugen lip?

sunroof

Reaction score
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was hoping i misread or that you meant something else by "totaled" on your title, this suxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you parting or getting another one and swapping??

Back