★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread!

Tuning took way longer than intended, but I got really hooked up by Andrey, my fellow Russian comrade who owns the shop. The delay was partly my fault because I forgot to tell them about small hole in FPR vacuum hose.

Pics to start:

Just after putting it on dyno, prepping for first pull:

In all I think we did close to 10 pulls, if not a few more. At first, we had trouble building boost and getting it running right because of a small hole in FPR vacuum hose (which we fixed), and initial timing of the car, which was also electronically adjusted.

img7761z.jpg

JR tweaking the throttle cable:

The throttle needed to be tweaked using the cruise control cable, since the regular throttle cable didn't have enough threads to hold tension, and the reason for all of this rigging is due to IACV not working - I need a new one which is getting sent out tomorrow.

img7764.jpg

Videos:

All runs are done at 6.5 PSI

210whp run (Pre-Final):
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Dyno-Runs_699328.htm

214whp 223wtq run (Final one):
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Dyno-Runs_699329.htm

Dyno Sheets:

210whp pull:

img7776y.jpg

214whp pull:

img7780h.jpg

The 214whp was the final pull and was done using a fan in front, and spraying cold water on intercooler. We decided to call it quits after that because my initial goal was reached, and the shop was closing.

Overall I am so f*cking happy with the turnout, even though I was hoping for close to 300whp, that is a goal for another time when I tweak around some more and decide to up the boost :D.

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score

nice nice, finally got it tuned, but for some reason i expected numbers to be close to 230-240....

btw do you have any in car videos going though 1-2-3-4 gears? lol

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score

Sick dude. You, my friend, have properly turbocharged your 6th gen.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Thanks Dean!

Anyone here ever hear of wastegate chatter? Tuner said that it's normal since it's open dumptube (not recirculated into exhaust). In the videos, especially the first one, it sounds like a low rattling.

EDIT: It's not called wastegate chatter I found out, it's the dumptube dumping the exhaust to the ground. It sounds like machine-gun fire.

Last edited:
Back