★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread!

nice numbers Nikita, i had a pretty good guess of what it was going to be.
Soon we will be seeing 3** whp for sure!
I wish i had a snail too.

akoutmos

Reaction score

Very well done moy droog. Enjoy the boost!! :thumbup:

CHID0

Reaction score

Those are damn good numbers at 6.5psi :drool:

Congrats!

Are you planning on doing some pulls at around 8psi or are you happy with the #s?

SilverAggie

Reaction score

I wish I could watch the video right now... Damn flashplayer at work. Sick numbers at 6.5psi. Can't wait to see more videos in car or even the first videos when i get home this afternoon. Good stuff Nikita

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

thats sick. makes me want to go turbo, hahaha.
Doo eet! We could use a third boosted DEP!

nice numbers Nikita, i had a pretty good guess of what it was going to be.
Soon we will be seeing 3** whp for sure!
I wish i had a snail too.
Thank you, I sure hope to see close to 300 sometime soon..

Very well done moy droog. Enjoy the boost!! :thumbup:
Oh I am loving it! :D Thank you!

Nikita! Nice job man, thats awesome
Thanks! :thumbsup:
Those are damn good numbers at 6.5psi :drool:

Congrats!

Are you planning on doing some pulls at around 8psi or are you happy with the #s?
I appreciate it Chido, yeah I plan to re-tune at a later time at 8psi. Probably when I get some more money, and make sure everything is working properly such as idle, wastegate spring, new plugs, and when I install my wideband and turbo timer. So basically after I tweak a few things around :D.

I wish I could watch the video right now... Damn flashplayer at work. Sick numbers at 6.5psi. Can't wait to see more videos in car or even the first videos when i get home this afternoon. Good stuff Nikita
Thanks dude. I'm going to get some in-car videos ASAP!

Last edited:

mraw112

Reaction score

Great job. Those numbers look great. As far as "wastegate chatter", Its a misconception of compressor surge. It has nothing to do with the wastegate. Compressor surge is when the turbo is flowing to little air at to high of psi, causing a reversal in flow. Is it happening during spooling, or when you let of the throttle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUbo_mNDZM&feature=related

This is compressor surge when letting of the throttle. Surging with spooling can destroy your turbo. When it happens letting of the throttle its not that bad.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

yea DRAG's website has been down for a very long time..so cant really tell..i was just curious.I heard the treadstone kit fits like *** and also 305$ with my HKS flanged. so im making my own SS one for like 200..ha all welded together to get ride of all those couplers.

ill buy that leak tester if your done with it.. ;)
Solid piping would look badass, but messing with it would be a b*tch. About the leak tester, I am probably going to keep that because I envision needing it in the future sometime down the road. It shouldn't be too expensive to make yourself, no more than $20.

Great job. Those numbers look great. As far as "wastegate chatter", Its a misconception of compressor surge. It has nothing to do with the wastegate. Compressor surge is when the turbo is flowing to little air at to high of psi, causing a reversal in flow. Is it happening during spooling, or when you let of the throttle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZUbo_mNDZM&feature=related

This is compressor surge when letting of the throttle. Surging with spooling can destroy your turbo. When it happens letting of the throttle its not that bad.
Yeah thanks for clarifying man, the surge in that video is horrendous - and he keeps doing it too ewww. I did some research and asking, and found out that the only way to prevent the machine-gun fire of the dump-tube is to recirculate dumptube into the exhaust. Besides that, there is no way to get rid of the noise. The good news is that it is normal, and everything is functioning properly and extremely well :D.

Im just so happy for you right now!
Thanks Mike!! I am also happy like a pig in sh*t hahaha. I still find myself babying it, I got that limp foot from vacuum mode for a month...

Opening on it more and more though, it sounds nasty and I will try to get some videos of it tonight, and post them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back