★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 5/25*

Lol is it too late for that? The head is already on and torqued, and everything is going back together quickly. Can I still drain the block after I assemble everything? Do you think I really need to?

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Wowsers is that an extremely long radiator hose running to the back of the engine??
Whats with the long distance drive??
You moving house or summin?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

You can do it with everything assembled. It just depends on what you used to prepare your block deck surface with. Did you use gasket scraper or something?

Im sure the small particles aren't going to harm anything, but if anything big enough fell into the water galleries and then caused a plug somewhere later on, you would be in a world of hurt.

I would just drain the block to be safe. The plug should be on the block somewhere. I can try and re-search to find out.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You dont have to drain all the coolant out. While the head was off though you could've just spun the water pump and gotten some of it out that way. You can just flush the system later on to get out any potential contaminants.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Nothing fell into the block except a few pieces of lint. I used brake cleaner on a microfiber detailing towel to prep the surface. The gasket I used was Nippon Leakless MLS OEM from Honda, there was no adhesive or no need to scrape anything. One reason why I would want to drain the block is because my coolant has never been flushed / changed since I have owned the car, this is the first time I did it. I'm sure through leaking enough of it out and adding more to compensate when I had the coolant leak a while ago, it recirculated a bunch of new coolant, but an official flush / drain fill I've never done. As far as some stuff falling into the openings while the head was off, the most would be dust and lint. I should have used cardboard to cover the exposed engine, but I used a towel lol.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

What does this plug go to? I think I dropped the end somewhere and forget where it connects to.

I know it's probably something way stupid and obvious, whatever. Just looking for a quick answer if anyone knows. Right now going back outside to crank some more.

img7152f.jpg

TIA.

Erik123456789

Reaction score

if you get a side shot i might be able to tell you

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

Wowsers is that an extremely long radiator hose running to the back of the engine??
Whats with the long distance drive??
You moving house or summin?

thats the lower radiator hose just not put in..he has it sitting up on the core support.it goes somewhat under the dist. area.but yea its decent size length.

as for the OP..was this just to install the ARP studs? or what happend.sorry i missed it..
:hide:

Back