01 accord wont start when its cold outside

mcanter

Reaction score
I noticed the issue last week one morning it was really cool outside the car wouldn't start and sprayed starting fluid in the intake it fired right up but died so I figured the fuel pump was shot but the next several days it started and ran fine now the last two days it won't start because its been cold out its got me puzzled because usually cars I work on with bad fuel pumps just completely quit working have any of you guys ever dealt with this problem? I know if it was warm tomorrow it would start I was also thinking the main relay but all of those I've ever seen go bad and won't start in the heat. And all my tools are at work noway to test power to the pump at the moment lol damnit. I work on cars everyday doing mechanic work but this has me puzzled I've never owned an accord is why I'm asking you guys first any help would be appreciated.

mcanter

Reaction score
It's a brand new battery I know its good it will start by sprayin fuel in the intake just won't stay running but if it was warm it would start and run I'm fxn to check the power to the pump tomorrow and go from there.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have to be a little more specific..too many variables.

Can probably rule out the relay that usually goes out since you said it was only on cold starts. Is it turning over? Can you hear the pump? Lights dim? - etc. Need more info about what it's doing when you go to start it.

mcanter

Reaction score
It is turning over and the lights don't really change and can't hear the pump although never really payed attention to what it sounds like when the car doesn't give me this issue I haven't had the car long but what I'm asking is if any of you have dealt with this before I'm thinking the pump but I know if it was 80 degrees tomorrow it would start like it did last week

mcanter

Reaction score
Most of the things I've seen the pumps were bad wouldn't change if it was hot or cold outside that's what seems weird about it

mcanter

Reaction score
Yes it just cranks and cranks I do mechanic work with a buddy of mine I've just never seen nothing like it its like it has a mind of its own when its warm out it starts everytime its weird

Back