03 CL type S seats

black95gsr

Reaction score
Well Hopefully once I get all the parts we need to do it, we can actually get them to work. That would be awesome. Than if we do, We're gonna have to do a DIY on how ya did it for everyone else to get them to work.

jarrettmm01

Reaction score
Just picked up 01' CL type S seats yesterday from the junkyard for $100. Includes front and rear, with rear console. Got lucky they were having a sale 50% off everything. Hopefully going to start the swap this week. Thanks for posting this thread about the swap definitely gave me the motivation to tackle this project myself.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Well Hopefully once I get all the parts we need to do it, we can actually get them to work. That would be awesome. Than if we do, We're gonna have to do a DIY on how ya did it for everyone else to get them to work.

It'd be great if you could, especially if you can get it done before winter !! :lawl:

Just picked up 01' CL type S seats yesterday from the junkyard for $100. Includes front and rear, with rear console. Got lucky they were having a sale 50% off everything. Hopefully going to start the swap this week. Thanks for posting this thread about the swap definitely gave me the motivation to tackle this project myself.

:thumbsup: It's not that hard, you should be able to do it!

black95gsr

Reaction score

Congrats, what color did you get?

iviaillet

Reaction score
Which color wires did you add positive to, to get the recline and the up/down motor and everything? Also what did you do about the airbag?

iviaillet

Reaction score
3 of 4 holes lined up on mine also, if you grind the 4th into an oval it should fit, also the blue and red wire on the drivers side slice together and run into a 20A circuit and the yellow and white/blue wires splice together and run into a 7.5A circuit, then you ground the 4 black ground wires and they should work.

black95gsr

Reaction score
I didn't have to grind any of the the seats to fit them. You wringle the seat has threading the bolts in by hand to get them started. Get all the bolts started. Than you'll be fine. I got all of mine in with no issues.

iviaillet

Reaction score
Got them all figured out the drivers seat you send 20amps to the solid red and solid blue wires and 7.5amps to the white/blue and solid yellow wires and ground all the black wires. The passenger you send 20amps to the solid red and white/red wires and 7.5amps to the white/blue wire and ground all the blacks.

It looks like the heated seat heaters have thermostats and breakers built into them so you should be able to hook up power and ground with the right amperage to the wires and have them work no problem. It looks like if you send 20amps to the white/blue(low heat) and the white/red(high heat) wires and ground all the ground and it should work, also the wires are on a seperate 3 pin connector.

Back