03 CL type S seats

black95gsr

Reaction score
That's a good idea, but I figured that if you were to power the heater element's power cable, it should turn on the heaters regardless right? I powered every single wire, and nothing seems to turn them on.

Honestly I'm not sure exactly. I haven't had a chance to read everything on them, but from what I've read those are the things I have to have to make them work.

The front seats we ran completely new wires and power wires to a fuse block, and tapped and hooked into the fuse box for power, instead of tapping into the factory seat connectors. So now the seats have power all the time, so I can adjust without the key being on like the factory seats. And if I ever decide to take them out and put the factory seats back in, I just unbolt and plug the accord connector in the seat that is still there with power to it. So i have the accord connector, and the CL-S connector under the driver seat, and the fuse block under driver seat.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'm not sure, don't know a whole lot bout the CL-S, but all I know is the car I pulled them out of was an 03 Cl-S because it said type S on the car and shifter.

There were 01-02 Type-S’s that had the badge on the shifter and on the car.

Or are you saying it was on the shift bezel, and that you pulled these from a 6spd?

black95gsr

Reaction score
There were 01-02 Type-S’s that had the badge on the shifter and on the car.

Or are you saying it was on the shift bezel, and that you pulled these from a 6spd?

Yes it was on the shift bezel. I believe the car was Auto. but motor and trans we're already gone, and someone ripped the console all apart, because it did have the factory black wood grain in it, well whatever its called, but whoever ripped it apart, broke it all in pieces.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Yeah that's awesome. I'd be happy finding two front seats in good condition.

I was at the junkyard the other day, a different run from we're I got my seats, and they had a black 03 CL with the tan seats in it still, but the car was rolled and the driver door was gone. I don't know how much that place would want for seats, but i couldn't honestly tell ya the condition of them, they also had a 02 TL with the tan seats in it to, just don't know the condition. Plus I have know idea how much shipping would be on seats, considering there not light by any means.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure exactly. I haven't had a chance to read everything on them, but from what I've read those are the things I have to have to make them work.

The front seats we ran completely new wires and power wires to a fuse block, and tapped and hooked into the fuse box for power, instead of tapping into the factory seat connectors. So now the seats have power all the time, so I can adjust without the key being on like the factory seats. And if I ever decide to take them out and put the factory seats back in, I just unbolt and plug the accord connector in the seat that is still there with power to it. So i have the accord connector, and the CL-S connector under the driver seat, and the fuse block under driver seat.

That's exactly what I did, with the exception of wiring a relay into the whole scheme of things. I had the relay connected to the cig lighter as a signal so that the chairs pull power from the battery, but only when the key is in the "on" position. So we had similar ideas :p Lemmie know if you can get the seat heaters to work. I'd love to figure it out. I went to Acura and asked but their techs are so dumb -.-* well at least at this "Thomas Acura" place I went to .. failures.

If you can find an ~06 TSX with black rear seats, pull them for me. That's all I need to complete my swap :)

EDIT: Also, what amperage are the fuses you used ? I used 10a in pretty much all of them lol.

Last edited:

black95gsr

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did, with the exception of wiring a relay into the whole scheme of things. I had the relay connected to the cig lighter as a signal so that the chairs pull power from the battery, but only when the key is in the "on" position. So we had similar ideas :p Lemmie know if you can get the seat heaters to work. I'd love to figure it out. I went to Acura and asked but their techs are so dumb -.-* well at least at this "Thomas Acura" place I went to .. failures.

If you can find an ~06 TSX with black rear seats, pull them for me. That's all I need to complete my swap :)

EDIT: Also, what amperage are the fuses you used ? I used 10a in pretty much all of them lol.

lol, good luck with that, that's like finding a Gem in the junkyard, but if I do, I will let ya know.

As far as the fuses, i'd have to double check, but I know I used 2 7.5 amp fuses, and I believe 2 20 amp fuse's on the fuse block. because we ran a 8gauge power wire, and took all 5 grounds and sodiered them to a 8 gauge ground wire.

g3integragsr

Reaction score

We came off an open terminal (constant power to allow seat adjustment with key off) in the passenger side fuse panel with an 8 Gauge wire (Excessive for power seats only, however we plan on hooking up the heated seats eventually), ran that down under the driver seat to a power distribution block.

We used 14ga wiring from the block to the seat connectors themselves. 20amp fuses on the power wires for front/back and recline/decline(?), then 7.5amp fuses on the up/down portion. (So one 20amp and one 7.5 for driver side, same for passenger side)

All 5 grounds in the factory seat connector were soldered together and grounded in the factory Accord Seat location.

This is the link I used to determine which wires were which (Post #50): http://www.v6performance.net/forums...12-fitting-00-cl-seats-01-accord-coupe-2.html

That's a good idea, but I figured that if you were to power the heater element's power cable, it should turn on the heaters regardless right? I powered every single wire, and nothing seems to turn them on.

The wiring is a bit more complicated than that. The relay's and "timers" are there for multiple reasons, the main being the relays and timers only allow the heater elements to get power for a certain period of time, not allowing them to run constantly or burn up.

If the elements are burned up they won't work even if power is to them or not. I have yet to get the heated seat functionality working on his seats, there's still of bit of research I need to do first and he has a few more factory parts to obtain from the CL

I haven't gotten a chance to fully read through these yet, but I'll throw them up here. I'm hoping it has all the needed info:
(wire diagram)
http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800446
(heated seat element replacement and wiring article for 01+ CL-S seats)
http://www.hondaforums.com/topic/30169-5th-gen-accord-usdm-heated-seats-from-1g-acura-cl/

Last edited:
Back