03 CL type S seats

black95gsr

Reaction score
Your junkyard seems to be a bit of a goldmine!

Nice find.

Naw, not enough in there. lol I would to find the OEM sides and rear lip, and the RL 4 piston calipers and brackets. lol That would be the ultimate find for me. But there is a junkyard here that has a good selection of accords, but its about 50 miles away.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Alrighty well i finally got all the CL-S front and rear seats all in the car and all hooked up and working. The heated seats dont work right now, bc I still have some more parts to get still to wire them up, but as of right now the power seats all work and are very comfortable.

IMG-20120825-00297.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-20120825-00296.jpg
[/IMG]
219.jpg
[/IMG]
218.jpg
[/IMG]

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That looks great.

You are going to be the envy of a lot of people once you get the heated seats function to work.

You plan to get some more black in the interior?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I would have gone for tan ones, unless you are converting the entire interior to black.

Awesome seats though. So the rears are direct bolt in, or no? I know the fronts have to have the bracket modified a little.

I need to find me a tan set of these. I want bigger bolsters and better back comfort.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Actually the interior of my car is grey, so I'm doing two tone. I do have a few more things interior wise I'm changing to black, like the carpet, floor mats, and the leather inserts on the front and rear panes. As far as the rear seats, no there not direct bolt in, there are some modifications you have to do, and the rear interior panels have to be cut to fit the top portion of the rear seat in, but as far as the bottom goes, it does, except the console portion has to be bolted in.

Funny you mention the front seats, because I didnt have to do anything the front seats to bolt them in. All the seat bolts went in without any problem. You have to start threading them all in by hand first, leave all them loose, just started, than go back and tighten them in.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
:thinking:

That's very strange .. I had to cut my bracket for it to fit .. But like I said, aren't CL-S seats perforated? and if so, perhaps maybe the regular CL seats don't need to be modified?

I know that my seats have perforated leather, and I was not able to bolt the seat in without cutting the bracket a little.

black95gsr

Reaction score
:thinking:

That's very strange .. I had to cut my bracket for it to fit .. But like I said, aren't CL-S seats perforated? and if so, perhaps maybe the regular CL seats don't need to be modified?

I know that my seats have perforated leather, and I was not able to bolt the seat in without cutting the bracket a little.

I'm not sure, don't know a whole lot bout the CL-S, but all I know is the car I pulled them out of was an 03 Cl-S because it said type S on the car and shifter. The motor and trans we're already pulled, but the sifter was still in it. The airbags, cluster, parts of the console, and door panels we're gone, that why I wasn't able to get the memory seat button, just the heated seat buttons. I've been told by people locally that they are the Type S seats. So i'm not sure, either way, they work perfect and look great, way better than stock, and feel way more comfortable. That's what I was looking for when I wanted different seats, and that there not ripped like my stock ones we're.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Yeah they're definitely more comfortable. I'm just confused over the whole situation with the brackets and the perforated/non perforated. It's strange to me.

black95gsr

Reaction score
Yeah they're definitely more comfortable. I'm just confused over the whole situation with the brackets and the perforated/non perforated. It's strange to me.

Maybe some came like that and some didn't. Because I looked up pictures of type S seats, and some show perforated, and some aren't I guess just depending on the year. But for a min I thought I was gonna have to cut the bracket, but as long as I left all the bolts loose, the last one if I wiggled the seats enough it gave me enough room to thread them in by hand, than I went back and tightened them all down and everything worked out fine.

Now I just need to get the memory seat button, and the relays, and fuse panel that's in the CL for the heated seats so far from what me and my brother have read. Because supposedly without those the heated part won't work unless the warmers are burnt up.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
That's a good idea, but I figured that if you were to power the heater element's power cable, it should turn on the heaters regardless right? I powered every single wire, and nothing seems to turn them on.

Back