1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 12/12-Semi completed

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 12/5-buffed

nice work. Do my car next lol

Man that looks nice. I want to raptor line mine :)
thanks guys.
Lets do a meet up Mont, I gotta see your car in person:omgbd:
lets do it.needs to be warm tho..haha i dont like cold weather.haha

haha

wanna paint my lip kit??
sure PM me.

the paint looks much better now. how many shots of clear did you do? hopefully you did a couple because you're gonna need those extra layer of protection if you're gonna keep buffing it in the future to keep the paint looking clean. Btw, a general rule to remember when you're buffing is to start from the least aggressive approach first then move up to save as much clear coat as possible. Seeing you went straight to a compound was probably not necessary but I can't tell how your paint looks like from a computer. Good job on it regardless. :thumbsup:

i did 2dry and 2wet on the car(so 3) and about 4/5ish on the bumpers-front/rear lip. I sanded with 1000/1200..then went over with 3000wet.
used 3M perfect it 3000 compound,swirl remover and then blue polish. all with corresponding foam pads.
I wont be buffing it again unless just polish or swirl remover.

but like i said,its not perfect,nor was i expecting a perfect paint job..i have a few burn edges,nothing a horse hair brush cant drag out.and a few of the larger peices left some waves/trash looking in some panels.but hey I did it myself,in a garage out in the open with simple tools...good enough for me.ha
and i probably will end up getting an OEM style CF hood sometimes.ha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
well guys the car is as done as its going to get for how cold it is..washed my car in 41degree weather while it was snowing! i still need to touch up some areas,get some dried compound off..ect..but its freezing...next up Retro install in a few weeks. :thumbsup:

CIMG3040.jpg

CIMG3041.jpg

CIMG3042.jpg

CIMG3046.jpg

CIMG3043.jpg

CIMG3044.jpg

CIMG3045.jpg

CIMG3047.jpg

Back