1st Day with my 6GA

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Your paint looks flawless for 200k!
Springs might sound good now, but these cars need at least a 3in drop to have no wheel gap.

The mod bug will bite you in 3...2...:coffee:

=KRAZY-K=

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back.

I'm not really interested in coil overs mostly because of the fact that this car is an every day driver, and for those of you who have never been to Texas, the roads are notoriously awful. Springs give it a nice drop but still keep some of the comfort. I'm not looking for top of the line handling, mostly just a car that will look good sitting in my high school parking lot and turn heads going down the road.

Some things do get dropped in my lap too, but I still have to pay for them, just at a discounted price. My dad is a parts manager at a Honda dealership, pretty handy huh?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Get coils Kyle. Then get cheesypuffs.

If you need help with either of them i live close. :lawl:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
don't bother with springs buy some coils that way when you get sick of only being kinda low you have the option to go lower without spending more money. trust me coming from someone who was on springs before coils I wish I had just saved the 400 I spent to get my coils earlier.

9450erick

Reaction score
hahaha ur 17 ur not supposed to be worried about comfort just yet lol if you can find some really cheap springs i would get them, otherwise i would save up for coils. im on springs and stock shocks (2 yrs now! havent blown) 2 inch drop and no where near as low as i want to be :/ picked up the springs for $40 bucks and installed myself so Im happy with my choice cuz i didnt pay much but now i do want to go lower! Eventually ull end up wanting to slam ur car, the accord just looks so sexy with no wheel gap!

=KRAZY-K=

Reaction score
I may only be 17, and the car may look amazing when it's slammed, but I don't see the point in spending more money on one mod than i did on the car itself. I'm looking at some H&R Race lowering springs with about 2.2" in the front and 1.75" in the back. There is only about 2.7" of gap as is so this will close that quite a bit...

:rly:

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
The point we are making is as follows:

Cheap suspension could lead to horrible consequences; costly consequences. Do yourself a favor. If you want to lower your car, save up $600 and get coils or pair some GC sleeves with a good shock. We didnt get our cars yesterday as your title proclaims. We know what were talking about.

That said, i personally hope you get FnF type 1's :) thats what i have :rock:

Back