$41 oil change?

rIceNOodles

Reaction score
im asst manager at jiffy lube its 36 bucks there people complain sooo much i say yeah its time to get with it the cost of living has gone up and gas and food , and they come in and say i was here last time and they pull the i only payed 25 bucks lol lmao hasnt been 25 bucks at jiffy or anywhere else in the last 10 yrs unless you go to a hole in the wall gas station that doesnt even sometimes change the oil filter they tak it off dump it out and reuse it lol

valvaline was 37 are in mass for over 6 yrs then just went up 41 here last yr depends on taxes also and the area

One of my coworker used to work at jiffylube and I've heard some shady stuff about them. I went there once because I was too lazy to do it myself and the guy there tells me my brakes are almost worn out and all this other crap that was supposedly going bad about my car.

And about the other shops reusing the oil filter, there's been an actual report done with some news station on jiffylube. They were caught reusing oil filters...check out the video on youtubel.

Werkmeister47

Reaction score
wow 40 bucks? i get 19.99 at honda dealership here in woodland hills, thats labor oil and filter, i calculated if i were to do it myself it be more than 19.99 haha

f23accord2000

Reaction score
yeah she probly got the highmileage oil 51 99. well im not sure if the prices there are differnt but its 6.99 per bulb installed for reg lights and headlights are 21.99. thats the prices where i would and ussly i give them some money off like 5 bucks or 8 or something if they get more then one thing that they want. i would make sure she didnt miss understand them if she didnt then i would say something not all the jiffy lubes are the same some are single owned and some are corporate. but the ones on the north shore are all owned by one guy, they used to all be owned by shell not anymore though. yeahh ive heard some shady stuff about jiffy lube also. but that was years ago if anything happens like that now they acculy close them down like the did in salem mass and sears had a jiffy lube they got closed down that accule owner fired them all and sold it. so now aday if shady stuff happens they take action, but nothing happens like that where i work i wouldnt let that happen thats for sure and if i hear anyone doing it, i will fire them

our juffy lubes are not aloud to say anything about brakes besides your brake fluid is low indicated you need them serviced soon , we dont tell them anything besides what we do there. we are preventive maintenance thats, but i give them good advice seeing i went college for mechanics for three yrs.

My sister went a jiffy on Tuesday and they charged her $51 for an oil change. They also said her reverse lights didn't work and that it would be $20 for replace them.. I checked yesterday and they work fine.

Last edited:

SouthStar019

Reaction score
it cost me 44 dollars in oil alone. quit ya yapping.

i got the quick drain valve on mine. oil changes are so fast for me. :) and clean also.

RickyG

Reaction score
I do my own and it costs more than $41. % quarts of Eneos 0W-50 is $50 then the filter.

I was just about to say. I change my own oil too, and it costs me around 40 to do it myself. Forget how far the oil is going to shoot out of the oil pan, and make a mess of my driveway. it's such a pain with out a lift.

One of my coworker used to work at jiffylube and I've heard some shady stuff about them. I went there once because I was too lazy to do it myself and the guy there tells me my brakes are almost worn out and all this other crap that was supposedly going bad about my car.

And about the other shops reusing the oil filter, there's been an actual report done with some news station on jiffylube. They were caught reusing oil filters...check out the video on youtubel.

Has anyone ever seen them use an impact gun to put your plug back in. It's the reason there was hella metal in my oil and my car leaked it for 5 months. but they tried to tell me it was my transmission. The transmission guy told me it was my oilpan when my tranny went up. Some places deserve to have bricks thrown through there windows.

Last edited:
Back