8" or 10" Sub

.::Basil::.

Reaction score
Could I get a 8" sub and ount it between the 2 rear speakers? Is there a big difference between the 8" or 10" Sub. Just looking for some input before i get my system. Thanks, Basil.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Just get one 12" sub with an enclosure and put it in the trunk.
Most people are not happy with an 8" sub.
A 10" sub would be pretty good.
I still don't know why I have tow 12" subs :confused: :eek:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
guessing you don't have much install exp, so I wouldn't recommend mounting it on the rear deck because it'd be a pita to get it to work well there

ryon527

Reaction score
you would really have to butcher the rear deck to get a sub in there. Plus those trunk support rods are hanging in there. If you want to keep your trunk space then put a sub in a fiberglass box in the spare tire. Like this

pict00127rz.jpg

You could probably get a 10 inch sub in there. Just make sure it'll work in a small space. I read somewhere it was like .7cf in the spare tire. Also look for a small depth on the sub so it'll fit.

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a 10" sub in a fiberglass box like to the right of the trunk. Facing the right hand side of the car. Basically on the opposite side of the jack compartment. Think that will work?

ryon527

Reaction score
yeah it'll work. heres a tsx install, same idea

2subfaceview3yy.jpg

Reaction score
wow that looks really good! That's what I wanna do for sure. Just gotta find someone in Vancouver who can custom a fiberglass box for me.

cdubb77

Reaction score
I have 2 10's. Sound decent but I'd rather have 2 12's. Pic of my 10's below.

502331_139_full.jpg

dynasty

Reaction score
like blacknight said, just get a 10 w/box and amp it. i currently running 1 12" Alpine on my 4runner. but about to give it to my older sister which she swapping it with 2 15" JBLs. *drools* but i plan to take one 15" and put it in my 4runner, and the other 15" to my accord. i'll take some pics when i work on the project.

Back