8" or 10" Sub

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
djpm05 said:
I work at a high-end car audio shop doing sales and install, so I see people who are slightly more willing to spend some $ on their sound system. we also tend to see a lot of drug dealers who want to destroy their ears with bass. hmmm

That's very true, you get a different clientel there. If you were to take a random chunk of society and ask them how much they would spend on a system, $2000+ isn't what they're going to want to spend. I work at Best Buy, I see the bulk of the "audio" world :( . I wish I worked at Sound Advice, too bad ther are none in NC.

djpm05

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
That's very true, you get a different clientel there. If you were to take a random chunk of society and ask them how much they would spend on a system, $2000+ isn't what they're going to want to spend. I work at Best Buy, I see the bulk of the "audio" world :( . I wish I worked at Sound Advice, too bad ther are none in NC.

I work at Custom Sounds here in Austin (will be San Antonio on saturday) I used to work at best buy and those people just made me mad. I swear if I had to sell one more dual sub package i was going to flip out.

on a funny side note the president from Focal (pronounced foh-kal) has a HUGE thing about calling his company (foh-kul) he will get insainly mad about it. apparently the guy from dual (supposed to be pronounced DUE-AL?) freaks out too. I thought that was funny :D

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
djpm05 said:
I work at Custom Sounds here in Austin (will be San Antonio on saturday) I used to work at best buy and those people just made me mad. I swear if I had to sell one more dual sub package i was going to flip out.

on a funny side note the president from Focal (pronounced foh-kal) has a HUGE thing about calling his company (foh-kul) he will get insainly mad about it. apparently the guy from dual (supposed to be pronounced DUE-AL?) freaks out too. I thought that was funny :D

Fcuk Dual. They're based in Fl, near where I used to live. I shoulda' burned the place down.

ryon527

Reaction score
Dual reminds me of Hyundai. If you can't think of your own ideas and designs you copy someone elses and sell it at a slightly cheaper price. It might not be the same quality but the normal person buying car audio doesn't know any better.

ShaunBLAZE

Reaction score
I have an 8" Kicker CompVR that hits harder than some 10"s I've heard. People don't hear me coming from a mile away but everyone likes how good it sounds.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
imo i think that the best thing to put is two 12 kicker l3 if two much bass for your liking one of them will sound beutifully in the trunk.

Back