8" or 10" Sub

djpm05

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:
oh man you are so wrong kickers rule imo the only thing better would be JL's.

Kicker is great for the money, JL is the best quality you can get from MOST places.

I have JL's but I want some treo's, or some ID's, maybe some Focal's :D

dynasty

Reaction score
Kicker is good for the feel of it. It's material is sooo soft that it could blow your car in 50 ft. Like literally, LOL! JL, like djpm05 said, has the best quality sound for enjoyment, not ruining your eyedrum.

djpm05

Reaction score
JL is much more efficient with the power it gets. I like that my 500 watt RMS mono amp with 2 10" subs is louder than most peoples 15"s with 1000 watt amps because my subs use the power, don't just change it into heat :)

Kicker does have some good technology when it comes to their speakers though. for a very high powered speaker like the L7, the spider it has along with it's tensil wires that are connected to keep it from shorting out, and more than anything from breaking.

Twobit

Reaction score
10" Would give you a more solid sound. 12" Creates ALOT of vibration throughout the accord. I use to have dual pioneer 12" 500watt max subs and they were REAL loud but they rattled the crap out of the trunk. Unless you want to pay for the dynamat I'd say go with a 10. Infinity has nice subs, try them out.

djpm05

Reaction score
Twobit said:
10" Would give you a more solid sound. 12" Creates ALOT of vibration throughout the accord. I use to have dual pioneer 12" 500watt max subs and they were REAL loud but they rattled the crap out of the trunk. Unless you want to pay for the dynamat I'd say go with a 10. Infinity has nice subs, try them out.

10"s can rattle a trunk as much as 12"s, it depends on the subwoofer itself.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Twobit said:

Granted a 12" has more raw cone area. There are SOOO many other factors that are going to play a roll in how much air a sub can move. One of the biggest factors is linear one-way excursion, don't pay attention to "peak-to-peak" excursion. Peak-to-peak was created to make a sub seem to have more excursion. But, all things being equal a 12" sub would move more air. But when is anything ever equal??

Back