Acura TL sway bars on Accord

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
i tried sifting through a few threads at v6p about the oem options. Ive seen that people have done this before, but I never really did find feedback from it, especially compared to something like the Comptech bars. Anyone here have an OEM from an acura(CL or TL?) installed?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
manual bar is 20mm while automatic is 17mm. moving up 2mm in diameter is like a 120% increase in stiffness or something like that. filtsai.com isnt working now...he had a whole thing about sway bar sizes i think.

xluben

Reaction score
99cfENVYv6 said:
i tried sifting through a few threads at v6p about the oem options. Ive seen that people have done this before, but I never really did find feedback from it, especially compared to something like the Comptech bars. Anyone here have an OEM from an acura(CL or TL?) installed?
try a google search. it's been done several other places as well.

(since i'm not racing) for the price it's a no-brainer over the comptech (IMO)

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
I dont race my car either..But I do show it sometimes, so the more name brand things I do to it, the better...
Im sorta thinking about getting the F. and R. bars still..I just dont want to spend 320 on them

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a TL bar this week. I called the dealer, they can get it to me for $41 so i figure i got nothing to loose. Hopefully i'll pick it up and install it over the weekend. I'll try to let people know how it is as soon as i get it on.

accord1082

Reaction score
I just ordered my 20mm bar from oemacuraparts.com What a great deal, $47 shipped. I wanted the Comtech 22mm one but they are so hard to find! This should be a great improvement over that tiny bar that came fromt the factory. I'll repost once a get it installed and hit my favorite corners! :D

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, so i got all my stuff today....except for one bracket. I'm kind of pissed, it's going to be like 3 days for the smallest/cheapest part that i don't know why they didn't have in stock.

Anyway, here is one basic comparison from a really bad angle to show the difference in size....
rearswaytlnw2.jpg

Now the one thing, the bars are most defineatly a different shape. It might not actually fit, we'll see. The TL bar curves upwards where the accord bar is straight. There is a decent amount of clearance. We will see. Althought the comptech bar fits, it may be a different shape if honda "over clearanced" the bar. But it seems like their is probably enough room. I'd wait to buy until i am done or accord1082 is. I think it should fit by eye though. Just waiting on this stupid bracket.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
good freaking luck on the end links.
I'm hoping i'll survive with a cali car with 35k miles. We will see when i get the bracket. If not, new endlinks. Probably should see if they are in stock though before i start.

Back