Acura TL sway bars on Accord

Av6916

Reaction score
Yes, coupe and sedan sway bars are interchangeable i believe. It doesn't matter if you want to install it when you install your coil overs. But it would be a lot easier to do the install once the coil overs are already put on since you would have to align the end links to match your sway bars. That's the way i would do it if i was in your position.

accord1082

Reaction score
I should have listened to you guys talking about end links being a pain in the ***! Mine were rusted completely and I stripped the hex hole on both of them after I got the bolts about half off. Now I'm left with a clunking rear end and no 20mm bar. Things are on hold for now until I cut the old ones off with a dremel and buy new ones ($60 bucks I don't have right now)...... :mad: :furious:

HomerJay

Reaction score
accord1082 said:
I should have listened to you guys talking about end links being a pain in the ***! Mine were rusted completely and I stripped the hex hole on both of them after I got the bolts about half off. Now I'm left with a clunking rear end and no 20mm bar. Things are on hold for now until I cut the old ones off with a dremel and buy new ones ($60 bucks I don't have right now)...... :mad: :furious:
I'm stlll waiting on other parts for my suspension so I still haven't installed my TL stabilizer bar. Based on what I'm reading here about bringing out dremels and saws, I ordered a pair just in case. Either way...since I have 'em, I'll use 'em... :D I'll soon know if the TL links will fit or not (or does someone already know?).

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Even though my install went decently with only one bump in the road, i would recommend at the very least having the money to buy new end links before you do this. And probably calling up a dealer and making sure you can pick some up. Even with a low mileage cali car, i could defineatly see myself having to get new endlinks if i didn't know i had to be so careful. Even now, one has an allen hole rounded out so i'll need to JB weld an allenwrench any time i want to get it off. It's the lower link so i don't see myself needing to do it again. If i stripped out the upper, i would have replaced it.

tiktawk

Reaction score
Even though my install went decently with only one bump in the road, i would recommend at the very least having the money to buy new end links before you do this. And probably calling up a dealer and making sure you can pick some up. Even with a low mileage cali car, i could defineatly see myself having to get new endlinks if i didn't know i had to be so careful. Even now, one has an allen hole rounded out so i'll need to JB weld an allenwrench any time i want to get it off. It's the lower link so i don't see myself needing to do it again. If i stripped out the upper, i would have replaced it.

I had trouble with the end links as well. I got them off, and reused them but it took a lot of elbow grease.

accord1082

Reaction score
Finally finished the install after cutting off the old endlinks. They were rusted solid. All I can say is what an amazing difference. Rear end does seem to feel a bit stiffer when just cruising. This the same for others?? Also one thing I found is that the bar bumps right up against the exhaust hanger in the middle (only 4 bangers have this hanger). Did anyone experience it? I feel like when I hit dips, the bar pushes against the rubber hanger. The bar basically sits right on top of the metal part of the hanger. Did anyone with a 4 cylinder run into this same problem and alter the bracket at all?? I have left it alone for now. See the picture below for an example:

sway.jpg

tiktawk

Reaction score
Finally finished the install after cutting off the old endlinks. They were rusted solid. All I can say is what an amazing difference. Rear end does seem to feel a bit stiffer when just cruising. This the same for others?? Also one thing I found is that the bar bumps right up against the exhaust hanger in the middle (only 4 bangers have this hanger). Did anyone experience it? I feel like when I hit dips, the bar pushes against the rubber hanger. The bar basically sits right on top of the metal part of the hanger. Did anyone with a 4 cylinder run into this same problem and alter the bracket at all?? I have left it alone for now. See the picture below for an example:

Yes my rear is stiffer but the added control is welcome. Mine also rubs the exhaust hanger and made some clunking noises. I just greased the bar and hanger and the noise stopped. If it comes back, I might try bending the metal hook some.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I just noticed mine was real close a well. After a pm, i went to take pics and it's really close to rubbing. I guess i got lucky, or something might surface later.

champaned_out

Reaction score
hmm which bars specifically do you guys have?
i have the 20mm installed on my 4 banger and it does sit just a few centimeters from the center hanger but does not come in contact with it... no cluncks or any suspension noise, wheather its just cruising or hitting bumps

Back