And so it is completed!... 6 speed swap.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Re: And so it begins... 6 speed swap.

:rly: RJ is gonna poo his pantz when he sees this...... :lawl:

nixed007

Reaction score

wow... just got done reading the past 17 pages and then to see it come to this... what kick in the nuts!

if i were him i would be asking for a delayed discount!

each day you have his car is one more day that he has to rework his plans and find transportation

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score

wow... just got done reading the past 17 pages and then to see it come to this... what kick in the nuts!

if i were him i would be asking for a delayed discount!

each day you have his car is one more day that he has to rework his plans and find transportation

I did tell him Monday, worst case Tues. I offered to give him a loaner car too but he insists on waiting so it's not like he didn't have an option.

UPDATE: The used clutch master was NO good so we ordered another one Saturday BUT it was not the same so... the used one is getting rebuilt today since I already spent all that time & money on the custom line to fit. Then, the engine cranks and won't start. Who knows what else later, I hope nothing.

It's not my fault this project is not coming along smoothly, anyone who's done this would agree I'm sure. It never is bolt in and go, I knew that but willing to do it - it just takes time and patience.

turboputz

Reaction score

Everybody just take a chill pill talking about discounts and if it were my car I'd blah blah blah.

This is custom work, not changing brake pads!

To the shop owner my one piece of advice is to stop promising a certain delivery date, and perhaps wait until you get into the job a bit before you say this is a 2 day job or whatever. Things take time, there's usually something to work through, and I just think you should work a bit on managing expectations, especially with a client who is a little impatient to begin with.

To the OP/carowner: Have some patience and be reasonable! You obviously went there because they have a reputation for doing things the right way and not half-assing it. So give them some latitude and a little breathing room to get the job done right.

Do you really want them to rush something to get you out of their hair? Do you think pressuring them helps you in the long run? They offered a loaner so take it.

Okay. I'm done.

TheHunter

Reaction score

Haha don't get all crazy guys, I knew this wasn't going to be that easy, but we has some issues that I really wasn't anticipating. Ken's doing a really good job already, so I trust that once it's done it'll be perfect :) And turbo, if this was any other time I wouldn't be stressing over it, but seeing as how this is finals week I really do need a car to get to my finals and stuff.

And Ken, I never rejected your loaner car... I said that I would probably need it if you didn't get finished soon. :eusa_doh:

I just hope they can figure it out today and get it done :/ Thanks for making a big deal guys hahahaha.

DXaccorD

Reaction score

good luck ken, we all know you can do it. And to thehunter, just hang in there man lol because whether or not it comes back tomorrow or next week its going to be worth it...

TheHunter

Reaction score

Actually, I leave for Hawaii next week, so that's no good. -_-

Hence the time worries :eusa_wall:

Back