Any thoughts about this car?

turbo_911

Reaction score
Yeah agree, that CL is too pricey but dealers are like that care is rare, yeah I know it's rare but it's not worth more than $8k

As for 7.5 gen, I like the interior of the white one, because I have same style in my 6th gen, white with ivory/tan

Also my friend had an 05 Audi A5 and something in electronics broke and it cost him $1200 to fix it lol, where in Honda I know it will cost not more than $200 or even less.

I had a CL before, and I like em, I also love 2005 Mini Cooper S but then again if something breaks how much will it cost to fix it? I found one with 72k miles for $12k out the door.

Hard decisions, as where I have second thoughts about my car, keeping it and putting a turbo, though I kind of got tired of it lol. Oh and also if I buy a new car I would have to take $7k loan on it... Not sure what to do...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yeah, if you're scared of maintenance costs, everything but the CL/accord is the wrong car to be looking at.

turbo_911

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this one?

2006 VW GTI, one owner, with 74k miles. He upgraded turbo at 45k miles

"its actually a atp turbo gt28rs kit. And atpturbo 3" intake exhaust is 3" custom made by mechanic. Still the stock intercooler, didn't need to upgrade it because I did the labontae motorsports meth injection kit. Their uprgraded S3 injectors with the APR HPFP. An yes its stock ems but custom dyno tuned at eplabs.net aka europen performance labs out of CT. I also did a synopse sychronic blow off valve instead of an upgraded diverter valve. U can look at the atp stuff @ atpturbo.com"

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So if something goes wrong...then what? I only understood half of that. lol I mean if you are somewhat well versed on turbo systems, then maybe it's not a big deal. But if some of those parts are custom or whatever and one needs replaced, you'd have to track down the shop that did it or try to find someone else to look at it.

If you go with a GTI, I would just look for one that has not been modified. Just me.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Yeah, same here its just the guy is asking $11k for it. That's why I thought its rather cheap with all the mods and with that mileage.

Mini cooper is the cheapest so far lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not trying to rain on your parade man. Just trying to cover the angles. :)

turbo_911

Reaction score
oh I like when you cover all angles lol

idk if I should take a $7k loan without knowing if I'll have a job lol

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
:eh:

Why the hell would you do that????

If you're looking for a reliable DD and you're interested in GTIs with upgraded turbos..... may God have mercy your soul. :ugh:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Slava, no taking risks with no stable employment, my friend.

There is absolutely no logic in that. If you are going to sell your Accord and put the funds towards a new car, and hopefully not have any payments, then great.

Otherwise, stick with what works(your Accord), and secure a steady source of income.

You REALLY don't want to mess up your credit, just because you feel like getting a new DD.

1slosedan

Reaction score
Not only is it a bad idea to put yourself in debt with out a job for something that isn't needed, but do nooooot get a upgraded turbo GTI for a DD. If you do not have a back up car you WILL break, you WILL be screwed.

My buddy is currently driving his brothers 6ga, because his modded GTi is in the shop, haha.

My vote is when you have stable employment, look at the cars available on the market at that time.

Back