Any thoughts about this car?

turbo_911

Reaction score
Hmm, I am with you guys on that, I don't really want to take loan, even though it is not big, but I do hate them lol. As for job, not sure if I even will have one since last year wasn't that great, but was enough for me to pay for college.

The main reason why I want a new car is because my honda is slow. I do want to make it faster, but I don't think it is worth it as it is old car. I also wanted to look at salvage yards, where I've seen couple GTI's that weren't hit really hard, where you would change like a hood or fender.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I know what you're saying, but tbh wanting something faster isn't a good reason to get a new car. If your Accord was dying or the like, then you wouldn't have much of a choice and it would make more sense. But if it's reliable right now, just ride it out a little longer, save your money, and get something down the road. I know that's the boring response, but I'm sure you already know what we've been saying, you just needed some motivation to wait for the right time.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Well, it's been like that since last years spring time lol. I mean I have money that I can spend on turbo but not much on new car though and it seems like its only $6k but without work it is hard lol.

Right now I don't really know what to do as I was able to talk to one dealer and negotiated on a price a lot for a Mini Cooper and he's waiting for my final response lol. (that was 2 days ago, before I made this thread)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The viability of this decision rests on your shoulders, man. Common sense seems to point toward keeping the Accord, but if you are on unemployment or find a part time job, I think your best bets are the two 7G AV6's you posted.

I can't speak to the Mini Coop, but do you have a link?

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
You want a fast car yet your looking at mini coopers? Unless you plan to swap in a ITR motor set or something I wouldn't bother. My advice, keep the accord and pick up a project car.

6GA (Reliability/Gas Friendly) + Project Car (Race Car/Toy) = WIN

turbo_911

Reaction score
The viability of this decision rests on your shoulders, man. Common sense seems to point toward keeping the Accord, but if you are on unemployment or find a part time job, I think your best bets are the two 7G AV6's you posted.

I can't speak to the Mini Coop, but do you have a link?

Here's the link to Mini
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...eId=28112&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

And I am not looking at super fast, but something faster than my accord. I am though actually leaning closer to keeping accord for a bit more and wait till summer. Maybe I will come across a better deal lol.

I actually went to try out that 06-07 GTI, and they are nice. Love how the seat fits me perfectly lol, as I am skinny.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
best seats i've ever sat in (in a budget-ish car...not counting BMWs and such) was the mazdaspeed3. if i could, i'd make an office chair out of one... :lawl:

oh, and now that regular gas is nearing $4/gal, are you ready for premium to go to $4.50? cause my dad's type-s only gets like 17mpg in the city...

turbo_911

Reaction score
Well, on GTI and Mini they get like 26-30mpg average. Oh and Yes, when I test drove Mazdaspeed, I loved those seats too. I liked how it pulls too but it has a lot of steering torque... no good.

1slosedan

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a motorcycle.Get yourself a nice 6-7 year old bike. Reliable, good gas mileage, relatively fast, relatively cheap. Going to be in the 4.5k range for a good one.

1slosedan

Reaction score
Back