Best head unit under $130?

Carlos28

Reaction score
My 6 CD changer motor burnt out so I'm looking to upgrade. I just want something with an aux input and that's blue to match my interior led's. Don't really care too much for USB or BT. Subs and Amps will come at a later time. :)

Also, has anyone had any experience with the RCA to 30-pin iPhone connector. Seen them on EBay, and I was wondering how well they worked. I'm heard that it gives better quality audio since plugging in the aux headphone cord degrades the audio quality because it's meant for headphones unlike the dock.

park0rdie

Reaction score
Here is a few favorite I would go for with that price range. Kenwood Excelon KDC-X396 $129.99, Alpine CDE-121 $99.99. I always use Alpine and Kenwood. Real nice head unit with great sound. You can check them out at crutchfield.com. They give you free hardness, dask kit, and all instruction needed to install. Save alot and free shipping. They got great tech support. Also 60 days return policy. One time one head unit got burn. I ship it back and I recieve other on in 3 days. Hope this help.

Last edited:

Macsrule15

Reaction score
haha i absolutly love kenwood decks.. looking to get one soon bought my car with a pioneer white its a nice unit. i want my kenwood back! lol

Carlos28

Reaction score
Thanks guys..
I've been out for a while..

But I bought the Sony DSX-S210X for 170. Haven't installed yet.. Debating whether or not to return it and go ahead with a Pioneer? Hearing mixed reviews about Sony...

Also, anyone recommend a nice looking mounting kit? I think the open pocket below looks a little cheap. Anything with a color that matches the wood looking trim on the cup holder?

Last edited:

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
Thanks guys..
I've been out for a while..

But I bought the Sony DSX-S210X for 170. Haven't installed yet.. Debating whether or not to return it and go ahead with a Pioneer? Hearing mixed reviews about Sony...

Also, anyone recommend a nice looking mounting kit? I think the open pocket below looks a little cheap. Anything with a color that matches the wood looking trim on the cup holder?

can't help you with the mounting kit, I mounted my scangauge over that open slot, so mine looks ok, temporary til I upgrade to a double din unit.

On a lighter note, check this receiver out: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-3400UB

If your thinking of returning the Sony, in my experience, Pioneer is one of the better buys for clarity, power, and functionality from a head unit, I have had mine for 4+ years and have yet to hit any issues (within reason) I personally am not a fan of most Sony car audio stuff, tends to be somewhat overpriced for the quality available. That being said, well, each to his own...

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
iv'e had many decks over the years. Kenwood or pioneer have served me well. If I had to pick between the 2...kenwood ftw.

Back