• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crossfire

Reaction score
If you're buying a CAI for fuel economy you are not buying it for the right reasons. I get 24mpg on my V6 with a AEM V2 CAI.

nabwong

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience.

1. I used to drive a 5spd Integra ls. It was stock and got about 27mpg.

2. First step was to get a mileage computer. I consistently got 30mpg.

3. Then I cleaned the air filter, increase tire psi to 40, spark plus and cables. Got about 32-33.

4. Then I lowered my car with koni str.t and h&r. I didn't even get an alignment. And my steering improved. My car also glided further without acceleration. I got 37mpg.

5. Then I learned how to accelerate and glide on neutral. I consistently got 38-40mpg. (40-ish on highway at 65mph, 36-ish mixed driving)

Then some stole my car. So I'm restarting the process with the accord. So far, I've only changed the filters and done maintenance. Next step is to buy a mileage computer to
Monitor my driving habits. This is he most important step.

SomethingRandom

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my experience.

1. I used to drive a 5spd Integra ls. It was stock and got about 27mpg.

2. First step was to get a mileage computer. I consistently got 30mpg.

3. Then I cleaned the air filter, increase tire psi to 40, spark plus and cables. Got about 32-33.

4. Then I lowered my car with koni str.t and h&r. I didn't even get an alignment. And my steering improved. My car also glided further without acceleration. I got 37mpg.

5. Then I learned how to accelerate and glide on neutral. I consistently got 38-40mpg. (40-ish on highway at 65mph, 36-ish mixed driving)

Then some stole my car. So I'm restarting the process with the accord. So far, I've only changed the filters and done maintenance. Next step is to buy a mileage computer to
Monitor my driving habits. This is he most important step.
Agreed on the computer, spend 150 on a decent ScanGauge, keep it in plain view while your driving, I was surprised how much of a difference it made when consciously aware of how much gas I was using, went from probably 20~mpg/450k/tank to about 25-26mpg/550/tank

Nguyen916

Reaction score
Agreed on the computer, spend 150 on a decent ScanGauge, keep it in plain view while your driving, I was surprised how much of a difference it made when consciously aware of how much gas I was using, went from probably 20~mpg/450k/tank to about 25-26mpg/550/tank

how are you getting 550 a tank? if you getting 26 mpg x 17 gals shouldn't u only get 442 a tank?

Back