Blackhousing blindness

yellowfever

Reaction score
i was talking to my neighbor about how i was planing on doing my blackhousing project soon and he was like oh yeah i did that on my car(ford taurus). He said the level of light was so low at night that he couldnt even drive it so he took them off(said they were replacment housings). I know im not gonna get the same light output plus im also going to put eyebrows on but is it really that bad? I have clear sylvania silverstars.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
lol dont listen 2 ur nieghbor abt that man. blackhousings don't affect light output. after i blackhoused mine, i didnt notice a difference. eyebrows don't block the lighting either, so u shood be fine.

if ur really worried abt the output, just get brighter bulbs or a retrofit lol.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Blackhousings won't effect Accord lights..granted on some style of lights they WILL..due to the fact majority of the housing is used to reflect the light unlike Accord housings.

CHID0

Reaction score
Just don't do flat black or ultra flat black, cause when i did that i saw a huge difference, he to get fog lights to see. If you use gloss black you'll be all set.

yellowfever

Reaction score
CHID0 said:
Just don't do flat black or ultra flat black, cause when i did that i saw a huge difference, he to get fog lights to see. If you use gloss black you'll be all set.
gloss? i thought ur supposed to use flat? do you have any better pics of yours?

CHID0

Reaction score
yellowfever said:
gloss? i thought ur supposed to use flat? do you have any better pics of yours?

my first set was done in gloss, my second set was ultra-flat, and my third set (the set i have now) is gloss......I'll see if i can grab pics of the ultra-flat ones....

Back