Brake Suggestions Needed

ejreams

Reaction score
:thinking:
Okay so, I've had quite a bit of financial trouble lately and now I'm getting to the point where I don't know how much longer my brake system can last.

My back pads are like, shot.
My front ones are like destroying the front rotors. The scoring is ridiculous.

SO, I'm asking for recommendations, I need to try and find the cheapest way to get OEM or worth while off brand rotors and pads.

I just basically need brand names, sites, etc.

I will probably end up doing it myself, if I can find a place to do it. I would consider paying a mechanic but I'm having trouble finding anyone competent, I'M IN DOWNTOWN SAINT LOUIS, if anyone knows a trustworthy company,person let me know please.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you're having financial troubles, get the cheapest pads you can find - Duralast; NAPA or Autozone.. that's what they are made for. Budget buddies.

Don't ask for brand names if you're counting pennies. Just my opinion, but regular off-brand pads will work just fine for the time being, and for the $13.99 you spend on them they will do their job well.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Lemmy, he's on a fkcing budget, can't you read?:dunce:

People / things don't change over time really do they now.. haha. Figures.

truWarier02

Reaction score
OEM rotors with Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic pads (got all 4 pads for $65 total on Amazon). I recently had my rotors resurfaced and had the Wagner's put in for the first time and after breaking it in for a week or so, they're great! Felt no more vibrations while braking and they're quiet and brakes pretty well too.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thermo quiets are awesome. you could go with the house brand at your local store, but for a couple bucks more, get the wagners.

for rotors, you could go with the house brand. just keep in mind that some rotors come warped already due to the low quality control...be prepared to take it back before putting it on.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
:thinking:
Okay so, I've had quite a bit of financial trouble lately and now I'm getting to the point where I don't know how much longer my brake system can last.

My back pads are like, shot.
My front ones are like destroying the front rotors. The scoring is ridiculous.

SO, I'm asking for recommendations, I need to try and find the cheapest way to get OEM or worth while off brand rotors and pads.

I just basically need brand names, sites, etc.

I will probably end up doing it myself, if I can find a place to do it. I would consider paying a mechanic but I'm having trouble finding anyone competent, I'M IN DOWNTOWN SAINT LOUIS, if anyone knows a trustworthy company,person let me know please.

Is mary jane your name, or the name of your car? sorry kinda off topic. RussianRed is on point. Those cheap parts are temporary and that's why they are cheap. For the time being, get the cheap stuff and think about what you want to accomplish with it, then in 6-9 months you might be in a different situation by then to buy what you want. We've all been there.

Back