Cammed!! G23 NonVtec build-in progress

jackhunt321

Reaction score
why go honata over aem ems? Seems cheaper in the long run. Plus you won't have to **** with IACV F series wiring changes. IACV ownd Uberdata.

Egi7

Reaction score
Iam not going hondata, no where near as user friendly as uberdata. AEM ems is just way too expensive and is overkill for my current setup, or future boost setup as well. Plus it will be a task to find someone experienced enough to tune Hondata or better yet a full EMS on a G23 setup. Uberdata is a good tuning program, i seen lots of all motor and boosted cars pull some very impressive numbers using it. And Antonie aka "MRX" is very educated in Uberdata, he has tuned lots of boosted F and H motors, and a few G23, G22 vtec's and non vtecs, he knows his **** in and out and he will be tuning my motor. As far is the IACV, i'll cross that when I come to it..........lol

Jefften10

Reaction score
I glad to see that you finally got everything working.
As of now, I only have the head, and it needs new valves.
Money is tight, and I am thinking a bout waiting a year until I take care of the build. I do know alot about it though and the stroke/bore ratio of the H23/F23 makes this a GREAT project for a little low end, which I think all of us agree is important in Honda engines. I think dynoed, this build makes more torque than horsepower. 170 HP 183 TQ?? Good luck, and I am not too far behind.

Egi7

Reaction score
Jefften10 said:
I glad to see that you finally got everything working.
As of now, I only have the head, and it needs new valves.
Money is tight, and I am thinking a bout waiting a year until I take care of the build. I do know alot about it though and the stroke/bore ratio of the H23/F23 makes this a GREAT project for a little low end, which I think all of us agree is important in Honda engines. I think dynoed, this build makes more torque than horsepower. 170 HP 183 TQ?? Good luck, and I am not too far behind.

Good luck to you, too, my advice to you, is research..lol, there is more to this hybrid than stated in PirateMcFreds writeup, because this is a 6th gen accord and pirate did his in a obd1 prelude. Its not too bad, but along the way you will notice a few things. Iam almost complete, once a few more items are purchased, and the swap date is beginning of Aug

HandoEX

Reaction score
Egi7 said:
yes stock tranny, my shift points using the Accord SiR TCU will be right on point with the rpm powerband my cams will produce. the TCU is the computer controls the shift points in auto transmissions. the boomsleg harness is converting me back to obd1 automatic. The 0bd2 ecu had the ECU and TCU built into one unit, obd1 didnt, they had a ecu and a separate TCU. So the harness is converting my obd2b ECU to obd1 ecu and obd1 tcu. Which iam using the P06 civic Ecu (tuned) and the SiR TCU.
I'll sell you my 100% brand new Rywire/JKOBD OBD2b to OBD1 auto conversion harness SUPER cheap! $175 shipped for a harness that I paid $250 two months ago :)
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1906

http://rywire.com/store/automatic-obd2b-obd1-harness-p-57.html

HandoEX

Reaction score
jackhunt321 said:
thats wayyyyyy to much for ANY conversion harness
Show me one that's cheaper and I'll gladly match the price. This isn't a regular OBD2 to OBD1 harness that you can get anywhere for $75. Auto harnesses are much more complex.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
congrats again for teh hybrid and forum swap.

BTW, if u need any other major tuning or tweakin before it fires, let me know and ill try to get MRX to put that on the top of the list.

ib042129

Reaction score
Oh My god! I think I just found the project for me!
I've been wating for years to get an H22, but this sounds like much more fun.
I'll be wating to see how your G23 works out.
Hey, where did you do your research. I searched around a bit, and found the
writeup on honda-tech, but it seems that they did a lot of mods with the pistons and enlarging the head. It looks like you are trying to mostly bolt on
the head, and don't cut the block or head or replace the pistons. Is that right?

Back