Car Stereo Overhaul

lashlee

Reaction score
Huh? Too many is never good, but the factory tweets are awful!! An awesome setup with the proper tuning can never be found in a factory sound system.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
^^ actually Volvo offers some surprisingly good factory systems. My dad's still driving the 2000 S80 they bought new, impressive staging & response in the car for a factory system. Not sure the exact size, but ~7" midbass in each door + tweets blend surprisingly well.

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score
seem like alot of people have different thoughts about 4channel and what not..
.if you have speaker components..just change your tweets while you at it...like lashlee said ..factory twwets are awful..its soooooooooooo true

lashlee

Reaction score
^^ actually Volvo offers some surprisingly good factory systems. My dad's still driving the 2000 S80 they bought new, impressive staging & response in the car for a factory system. Not sure the exact size, but ~7" midbass in each door + tweets blend surprisingly well.

Yeah, and volvos use dynaudio drivers in their upper end cars. Much different then the simple drivers that honda puts in our cars. It's the same with the Mark Levinson stuff in some the lexus models, both great sounding stuff. Location is much more important then driver, but it still matters!!! I compete against a guy with a tl that sounds awesome!! He uses the factory H/U with factory locations, but better drivers, and lots of tuning!!

chasnsx

Reaction score
I have to agree with Lashlee -- there is no need for tweeters in the back of the car -- all it does is make it more difficult to fine tune the front staging. For me the ultimate setup was always separates in front -- from Infinity or Boston Acoustics, and midbass drivers (Kicker makes really good ones) in the rear deck locations. I'm planning on cutting the rear 6x9 openings to fit 6 1/2 inch midbass drivers in those locations. As far as subs, a single ten incher is all you really need if you get the enclosure set up right.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I've been looking for some 6X9 Midbass speakers for a bit. May just forget all about it, and leave it the way it is with nothing. Been quite happy without them.

Next, trash my Boston Acoustics in favor of the Alpine Type-X REF Components.

jb747

Reaction score
ugh...pioneer.... but if you must.... take your 5 channel amp and send one channel each to the rear 6x9s then bridge two of the other channels and put em on the sub. keep that last channel open so there is less of a clipped signal....even tho its gonna happen anywayz. if your lookin for new tweeters its easier to install a componet kick panel then to replace the factory ones

Back