Chat Room

talontsiawd

Reaction score
:tgf:
use internet explorer... works like a charm
Yeah, i have issues with firefox, i just use IE and call it a day.

As for the subject, i wanted to chime in because people have to realize that alot of us who have been around for awhile know eachother far better. In the "OG room" the other night, it was just a more "personal" convo that wouldn't even really work. I have been on many sites that have far more exclusive features for select members. If you want to be part of it that badly, you stick around and become one.

It's ironic because i'm now an "elite member" on a DSM board but i wasn't until 2 years after i sold my car. But, i still go back there because there is a section for long time members that i know very well. It's much more about keeping the relationships than being superior. Again, you also know these people much better and talk more openly with them.

I just can't really see the problem. I guess the fact that there were more people in the "og room" might piss me off but respect the fact that most of the people there built the culture of the site.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I agree with Matt 100%. What the new people need to understand is that we don't talk about Accords 100% of the time. 90% of the time the conversations in the chatroom have nothing to do with cars at all, it's just all of us BSing.

IMO this site is WAY more well rounded than a lot of sites I've joined. There is a great deal of info on this site when it comes to Accords, and it's as simple as using the search function to get that information, but we also have a bunch of great people on the board as well. I feels good knowing that if I have a bad day, I can go on a rant, and there are 20-30 people that I've known for a while to pick me back up again.

So, if you're feeling left out, I'm sorry, that is not our intention. What I would suggest, is like Matt said, stick around, meet some people and converse as much as possible. This site is so much more than just 6thgenaccords, and that is why this will be my home forum no matter what I'm driving.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Yeah that's agreeable, but perhaps there should be a way to join both rooms at once? It's understandable that people want to talk about personal things at times.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
if there was a way to join both rooms at times I know i'd do it, I like the OG room because it lets us chat about personal stuff around people we're personal with but at the same time i like being in the main chat to talk to everyone else.

the main reason you'll see the OG room get started up is because the topic of the main chat is juvenile and its killing the mood of the chat room. So for those of us who want to chat about more mature things, more personal things or just get away from the topics that don't interest us we'll create another room.

Last night we even shut down the room when both rooms started to thin out so that everyone could get back in one room and get the chat box roaring up

FlipStylie

Reaction score
As a noob to the site, I'd say I generally agree with Matt n Justin. There are plenty of sites that are designed more tightly around promoting exclusivity amongst their senior members and It's rather refreshing that 6thgen is more open than most.

That being said, there are personal relationships that are definitely visible here just by reading the forums and I would respect those relationships just as I would expect someone to respect my personal relationships in the outside world. I noticed the OG room too, but I tend to view it as a personal conversation between people who have a personal relationship and I would encourage others to do the same.

Think of it as you are in a restaurant, and people are having a conversation at one table who obviously wanted to go to dinner together. Now you may be in the same restaurant, but unless you are invited to the table with that group you wouldn't generally just sit down and start giving your 2 cents on the conversation. Perhaps if you go to the restaurant often enough, you get to know the regulars....

That's just my perspective, though I'm new to the site I think this is generally more of a forum etiquette issue and I've had lots of experience to that end...

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
hey if i offended anyone in the chatroom yesterday, forgive me, i am a dumbass, just dont kick me so many time please, lol.....

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
As a noob to the site, I'd say I generally agree with Matt n Justin. There are plenty of sites that are designed more tightly around promoting exclusivity amongst their senior members and It's rather refreshing that 6thgen is more open than most.

That being said, there are personal relationships that are definitely visible here just by reading the forums and I would respect those relationships just as I would expect someone to respect my personal relationships in the outside world. I noticed the OG room too, but I tend to view it as a personal conversation between people who have a personal relationship and I would encourage others to do the same.

Think of it as you are in a restaurant, and people are having a conversation at one table who obviously wanted to go to dinner together. Now you may be in the same restaurant, but unless you are invited to the table with that group you wouldn't generally just sit down and start giving your 2 cents on the conversation. Perhaps if you go to the restaurant often enough, you get to know the regulars....

That's just my perspective, though I'm new to the site I think this is generally more of a forum etiquette issue and I've had lots of experience to that end...

Very well said.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Lxcord has been given a 1 week ban for inappropriate comments and subject matter in the chat room. Cody I know its up to you to un-ban him since you're the only one who can get on the server to remove his ip. Lxcord i'd pm Cody (Wildman) in a week to get your privileges back

LoveLee

Reaction score
cody,

i dont know if its just me, but when i am on the homepage and try to open the chat i always get a "404 PAGE NOT FOUND" but when i go to the forum it works just fine. u might want to look into that.

Back