Chat Room

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Please See this link if you care about Emoticons in the Chat Room.

**The Chat Room is subject to the same rules as any other part of the forum. If you break the rules there, you can and will be banned from the Chat Room.**

6GA Donators and Supporting Vendors will enjoy some Chat Room perks. These include:
-Ability to create new rooms
-Exempt from 5 second delay
-Changeable font colors

Please provide some feedback about what you think of the new Chat Room.

Before commenting though, consider:
-The free version that we are using would not stay. We would upgrade so that your login to the Chat Room was identical to your forum login

-The chat room has a floating (pop-up window) option. This means you can have the chat open, and surf the rest of the site at the same time.

-You must have java installed in order to be able to use the Chat Room. You can download the Java plugin from their website for free by clicking here.

-For a full list of the features of this Chat system, please visit this link. The upgrade we would purchase would be the Professional Plus package.

-You still won't have to pay for anything unless you wish to donate.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Cody,

I love the way the new chatroom works! The only thing I would suggest in incorporating our own forum emoticons, in addition to the few available generic ones in the list.

Other than that, I absolutely love it!

On a side note, I love how next to each thread, underneath it says what date it was started on.

This new host is blazing fast, but I want the URL to stay the same, by all means.

:usa:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Chat Room should be completely straightened out by tomorrow. Still a bug with trying to access it from the homepage portal.

Also updated the first post.

Last edited:

LoveLee

Reaction score
cody,

everytime i click on the chat room link, it opens up a new page and acts like its loading but it never does. it stays on this "java" page. so i tried downloading the updated java version and nothing changed.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
LeAnn if it helps the chat company's support site is http://support.addoninteractive.com

Try clicking through the Troubleshooter and following the guidelines it spits out and see if you have any luck. Sorry you're having issues. If you try the troubleshooting thing and still have no luck, their support is open again tomorrow and I think anyone can call.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Ok... I keep getting logged out because of going idle, even though I'm a supporter... and this new OG's only room is not a good idea in my opinion... the chat was not incredibly active before, and by creating an OG room... you exclude the newer members from being able to chat with everyone else.

LoveLee

Reaction score
the OG room isnt permanent. it was a chat created by someone for their friends so the conversation wouldnt get interrupted by people entering or leaving the chat, or people who dont know whats going on.

Back