Cheap lil N/A setup...

turboputz

Reaction score
Here's my somewhat cheap, at least when compared to a full turbo kit, or opening up the bottom end, lil NA set-up.

Bisimoto/WEB Stage 2 VTEC camshaft- purchased
Bisimoto Cam Gear- purchased
Built head by JG Engine with flat-faced stainless valves, valve springs, Ti retainers, Sunnen VGS multi-angle valve job, and milled .035.
ARP H23 Headstuds

I have decided not to P&P anything and just get the best valve job possible to save money for the tuning and head install, and to keep the powerband low for maximum streetability and auto-x. Will be dyno tuned using AEM Fuel and Ignition OBDII Controller or Apexi Neo. Shooting for 170 whp.

Can anybody tell me what the compression would be by getting the flat-faced valves and milling the head .035? I tried using the calculator from one of the other threads, but I got 12.5, which is too high I think. Maybe around 10.0:1?

turboputz

Reaction score
Edit: ARP H23 headstuds- purchased. Thanks for the link BCK!
Awww shizzle I'm really getting deep into this now. No turning back.

F23 POWAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Yea you should have around 10.1 w/ that.

FYI - you could've got the H23 headstuds from Summit Racing all day

yellowfever

Reaction score
i dunno about N/A, the head just flows so horribly? has anyone decided on what intake manifold setup does best?

turboputz

Reaction score
^ Yea you should have around 10.1 w/ that.

FYI - you could've got the H23 headstuds from Summit Racing all day

I didn't really know I was even going to buy them until I saw this thread and was inspired/reminded. I hadn't got anything for the build yet in October and raceeng.com listed the price as $162 plus shipping. I figured $150 shipped had to be about as low as I'd find so I just did it.

turboputz

Reaction score

Meaning in the stock engine the cam is a bigger limiting factor than is the flow of the ports. But I'm not saying that by switching the cam the head magically has the same potential at as a B16, B18C, or K20A2 head, it doesn't.

Its also not the huge handicap that all the naysayers make it out to be.:talk-punch: Present company included. I'll prove that by sticking to a valve job with no port work, and tossing in one of the gnarliest streetable cams out there.

Forget watcha heard about the Bisi cam being a moderate 230/230 duration.
From the WEB Cam Racing Cam "Valve Timing Information" booklet provided with the cam itself INTAKE: 276 EXHAUST: 235
Bonus Round. Lope much?:skurred:

Back