Coiled down the Tein with problems

Dracord

Reaction score
What's the new hotness in coilover suspension nowadays? I wasn't aware JIC made coilovers for our cars.

What led me to the tein SS 5 years ago was height adjustability, dampening adustability and a decent (street) spring rates. I may have to overhaul them and wondering if I should spend the 400+ shipping to get them redone, or just think about another route

Last edited:

IcyAccord

Reaction score
What's the new hotness in coilover suspension nowadays? I wasn't aware JIC made coilovers for our cars.

What led me to the tein SS 5 years ago was height adjustability, dampening adustability and a decent (street) spring rates. I may have to overhaul them and wondering if I should spend the 400+ shipping to get them redone, or just think about another route

JIC does make applications for our cars.. my friend works at JIC and can hook me up with some custom rates and etc. But they ARE pricey.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
Who is your friend? I know the guys at JIC (just was with them at formula D, mostly helping hankook but ya know) Anyway my shop deals JIC, probably will start with TEIN also...

If you use tender springs, it can help with the issue, and you wont sacrafice ride height (too much)

MikeyMike

Reaction score
what is it hate on mike day?

This is why my car looks like a "boat" read the 1st couple of lines in Geography
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonkers

people want to avoid NYC for meets because of the roads, picture their streets with hills like San Francisco. THATS YONKERS.

ill go take a picture of one of the Honda Killers(pothole) we have here, and im not talking about a little chunk of pavement missing, im talking about a hole big enough to swallow a bubble.

I went for tein because like i said IMO its the best suspension. Everyone I personally know uses it, and its the #1 choice of 90% of the performance places in the tri-state. if you dont agree with it, dont knock it. if its not for you, its not for you.

being able to have a suspension that i can have soft enough to drive around here and not destroy the car, and then be able to stiffen it @ the touch of a button is why i went with Tein. /rant lol

nyknick1015

Reaction score
I feel liek the ones u have is for "TRACK SETUP ONLY" beacuse on a track, u wont have those bumping problems, its mainly smooth driving so all u really have to worry about is taking the turns sharply....

I had those probems when i had sleeve coilovers, ever bump jumped the car up and down because it wasnt on the spring it self... the strut perch sat higher than the spring... the only thing i can kinda think of is that just like eibach, i think tien offers it as well... get a longer spring with the same spring rate so it accomidates that extra spring gap (well then u will be sitting higher i think) OR set the strut to really soft so it doesnt jump up that much....

That can end up being a real problem because when my coilovers did that, when i took em out, i had so many front end problems... i pretty much redid the entire front end, suspension... cost a pretty penny

Last edited:

Crono139

Reaction score
I feel liek the ones u have is for "TRACK SETUP ONLY" beacuse on a track, u wont have those bumping problems, its mainly smooth driving so all u really have to worry about is taking the turns sharply....

Not so sure that I agree with this statement.

Phut

Reaction score
Umm...how about their FLEX coilovers? Even ground controls with some neuspeed koni's would've been an awesome setup for about the same price. I'm not knocking your decision but it just doesnt seem like you really looked into other brands.
if they ever manufactured the flex system for our cars, i would've jumped on it long ago.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Tein is the best...and i think you can use Flex from the TSX if you use the front top hats made for the accord...that is what im thinking of doing anyway...cause the SS and Basic won't drop low enough...

Back