Demon5spd's 2000 Sedan LX

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Wildman said:
and not to be an asshole - but please check the rules for this forum and edit your title / first post to follow the guidelines or I'm going to have to delete the topic.
Sorry to get off topic for a sec...But these issues will come up as it's a new forum. People will conform as they get used to it. And great add on btw, very happy with this.

theaccordian

Reaction score
I hope you realize your one of the faster accords around. Guys with H22 swaps and turbos are hitting low 14's on a good day. never mind mid 13's breaking into the 13's PERIOD with a 3,000 pound long geared commuter car is quite a feat. (unless youre gutted) usually 6th gen accord members have to spend up around 10,000 for a CLS J32 engine and supercharger to get into 13's. theres only one accord I know that has gotten into the 12 sec mark (02av6 on v6p)

looks like the F23 isnt hopeless after all.

if you think youre setup is good now, slap on an H22/h23 tranny, and youll be putting swapped race civics to shame.

demon5spd

Reaction score
Really i thought there would be more into the 13's then that, the car is not gutted at all, well the spare tire is gone in place on the nitrous bottle, last time i had it weight and a CAT scale it was 3,040 and that was with about a half a tank of gas, i wasn't in the car of course.

I'm looking at a couple of the lower e.t. cars on here and i don't see them running slicks or anything to help them with there 60' times.

I'm running 225/50R14 Hoosier R6's on infinti g20 rims, and i've also replaced my clutch with a act heavy duty clutch.

Honestly they were what got my time down the most minus the nitrous of course, i really couldn't get better the a 14.3 until i replaced my clutch and throw some slicks on it drop my e.t. about .5 sec's it took alittle to find the right tire pressure put 13psi seems to work great.

theaccordian

Reaction score
yeah most people think power automatically translates to good times, where traction, gearing, and just flat out knowing how to drive your car, all are important if not more important than hp. Most people would say that teh bottle is cheating, but you gotta work with what ya got.

demon5spd

Reaction score
oh and here's some pics of my car at the local strip

street5_06_24_05.JPG

street2_06_17_05.jpg

theaccordian

Reaction score
demon5spd said:
oh and here's some pics of my car at the local strip

street5_06_24_05.JPG

street2_06_17_05.jpg

and a sedan to boot! aint that ironic, the most stock looking accord on here is the fastest.

dont change your exterior keep it exactly the way it is. I love it. keep it sleepy.

Last edited:

demon5spd

Reaction score
Yeah i decided to go the whole go and no show route lol, plus buying body kit parts and fancy rims would take away from my money to buy more go fast goodies lol, oh and definatley more nitrous it's like crack the local tuner shop gives me a great deal since i buy so much from them.

I want to eventually go turbo with the car but i'm just waiting until the motor finally goes out right now i have about 90,000 on the car and it's still running strong and dosen't burn oil.

Last edited:

demon5spd

Reaction score
i'm running tein's basic coil over kit, it's a pretty nice setup right now i have it lowered about 2.5 to 3" not really sure i can barely fit my fingers in between the tire and fender lip lol.

Back