DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
My bad Fedex is bringing it to me.

Estimated delivery :
Fri 5/24/2013 6:00 pm

Some bad new aswell. The transmission has a shattered snap ring :boohoo:
But was able to order a new one from a local honda service 5,70 euro VS us 2,80 something USD. Will arrive on the 31.05.2013.

Will open the tranmission up on the weekend and measure how bad the snap ring gap is. Might be able to get it fixed by using a 80mm oilring or find someone to make me a bigger snap ring using the original as a template.

Lucky for me the snap ring is still in place. Shattered yes but still in the gap, so no damage to the internals :)

Starting to look like a full rebuild and swap thread :D

DH48

Reaction score
My new dumbbell arrived :)
DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

This thing is huge. Much thicker then my K20a2-s 300HP axles.
Got the snap ring too. Tomorrow will take the transmission cover off and see what i have to deal with. Might just be a simple snap ring replace.

DH48

Reaction score
Well snap ring replaced but might have to think about a new top cover for the transmission after this snapring goes.

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

The damage the old snapring had done. You can see that it has eaten into the case.
DSC_0393.jpg

Local honda dealer is asking 2600 euro for a new transmission top cover. On the US side acura is offering it for 800 USD. Also found a link on NSXprime that shows a snapring fix kit with the cover and snapring for about 1000USD so might order that at some point. As for now the snapring i put in will have to do.

Next friday will have to present my thesis and will be done with univ. Have planed a trip to a friends place to borrow a engine hoist for the summer.

Will start work on the custom shift linkage next weekend. Need to make a new mounting point on the transmission so i can use the EP3 shifter and linkage.

DH48

Reaction score
Small update. Started on Monday with this
PIC000122.jpg

And finished today with this:
DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

Now working on the wiring. Had the DIY and cut wiring harness from the last owner of the engine. Will have to see what i can use from that and what i need to scrap. Also working on the honda legend interior harness to see what i can use from that and what not. Sad part is my 2 weeks vacation from work will come to an end this week so progress will slow down again for a bit but good thing is that i have all the main parts needed for the swap...just need to make them work.

Clutch pedal holes are drilled on the firewall. Just need to remove the dash and weld a mount for the pedals top attachment. The TB adapter need new holes for the legend´s TB to bolt on. So things are moving in a sort of way.

Not much more to say. Will try and work on the wiring every evening and hope to get that done in a week or two.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be the ultimate 6th gen Accord! Good to see someone else investing in their CG2.

DH48

Reaction score
Don`t know about ultimate but unique yes. As much as i have found on the deep end of the internet then there have been 5 NSX engine swaps.
1)85-88 civic hb, rear mounted. Think it was white. looked badass
2)CRX 2.gen also rear mounted.
3)EK civic (orange and roof lowered) front mounted
4)1 gen Legend also front mounted.
5)S2000 front mounted RWD (track car)

So i might be the first accord NSX engine swap owner in the near future.

Back to the swap. Started working on the wiring. Just have been removing things that i do not need from the legends harness and trying to figure out WTF am i doing. Finaly found a rough diagram of the 91-95 legends ecu pinout and will need to compare it to the NSX ecu. Funny thing is the ecu-s have much in common so might not need to repin. Also might be missing one part of the wiring but its no problem as will be able to use part of the wiring off of the accord...just lots of repinning again.

The idea is to give the legends wiring a OBD2 look (OBD1 wiring is interior wiring and engine wiring all in one). OBD2 has the engine wiring and then just one plug for the interior (gauge, power etc.) My idea is to make the NSX wiring the same way. Would be much easyer to manage and change. Only thing is making the wiring will take more time to finish.

Might have an update next monday when i have had more time to work on the harness.

Shadow1

Reaction score
keep it up man. you're a good man to go thru all that wiring. id get fed up to quick with it. lol.

Back