DIY: Clean your IACV

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
there's just carbon build up inside. it varies with everyone's car. mine was like a 3 outta 5. unfortunately cleaning out mine didn't fix the problem. anyone know if these sensors go bad?

mine didnt really make it completely gone but i used sea foam and that worked

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I just replaced mine on the 7 :p same day the other guy posted he replaced his haha...its been a bad week for our IACV's lol...how much did you guys pay in parts and labor? I got mine done, part from NAPA for 354, 208 for the unit itself and 2 hours labor (1 diagnostics + 1 removal and replacement)

soobi

Reaction score
yo thanks soo much for this, i went to dealership and they like they gotta replace the whole vac/idle and put in new one, it was guna be like 200-300 bucks, thanks a lot man u saved me up some good amount. after i did this car been running smooth, no stalls at all. Also if u do ground kit upgrade with this, car will run much smoother. :)

simplicity

Reaction score
I want to do this for my V6, but can't take my throttle body out without removing the cables and I don't want to mess with the throttle cable.

Is it possible to just remove the screw #13 with the throttle body intact? From the diagram it looks like #13 is the only screw holding the IACV to the throttle body.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/sinick4589/13S840_E0101.gif

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Removing the throttle cables is not big deal. Just back one of the nuts off and leave the other alone so it stays exactly where it was.

simplicity

Reaction score
Thanks but I'm trying to clean the IACV with as little risk to causing new issues as possible. So for all the v6 people who did this, did you all remove the throttle body first?

simplicity

Reaction score
Removing the throttle cables is not big deal. Just back one of the nuts off and leave the other alone so it stays exactly where it was.

You're right the cables weren't a big deal. I ended up removing the entire throttle body and cleaning it as the back screw was just impossible to remove.

Seems like removing the throttle body is a must (or makes the job much easier) in order to clean/replace the IACV for V6.

Fusionreactives

Reaction score
I really want to give Honda a pat on the back for putting the iacv in this location! So easy to get at!!:Boo::Boo:

Back