Euro-R_cl1's motor build Pic updates 6-1-12

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
ok so i have been putting this off due to not wanting to get peoples hopes up on it or in case something happens and the build has to stop but here it is.

i have decided to do a G23 turbo build. its going surprisingly smoothly. along with the motor swap i will be swapping from an auto to Manual transmission

parts i already have

f23 full bottom end (top end is for sale just throwing it out there)
f23 manual transmission
H22 top end
H22 type s cams
DC headers (i need a down pipe its a 2 piece)
full 5 lug swap
p28 ecu (just need to socket it and get a chip)
apexi vfac controller
k20a type 2 pistons

Parts needed
double valve springs and retainers
new valves
port and polish the top end
Apexi vfac harness
clutch and break pedal
M/T gauge cluster
shifter assembly
shift linkage
and a few other manual parts don't fell like listing them all

once the needed parts are bought and the motor is re-assembled and installed ill be worrying about the turbo side of things i want to get this engine in and tuned right and broken in right before i put boost to it. i have some photos kicking around ill have up at some point. me and about 4 of my friends are building this with me to help me out with getting the right parts.

feel free to ask question but i would like to keep useless chatter to a minimum

motorbeforestripped.jpg

base for the build the day i got it

newpartsboxesclosed.jpg

newest pieces of the puzzle in boxes as a teaser

newpartsboxesopen.jpg

open boxes.... not great at the whole teaser thing lol

intiriorsemistripped.jpg

no vents or covers all removed to be painted dont think i have mentioned any interior work any where but the whole interior is getting some love as well

and now the real teaser its not finished being painted got a few little things to do but this is what its gonna be lol
valvecover.jpg

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: Euro-R_cl1's motor build

Make sure to post pics when you get the chance :p. Lookin forward to seeing a boosted G23

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score

I will there nothing to special right not just of the strip down.... Ohh yea and how I painted the valve cover lol.... It may not be to some people's taste but it goes with the theme of my car. And I'm shooting to have this in my car by the end of the spring/ early summer. See how it runs then throw some boost at it by mid-end of the summer. That's just rough though money is a factor as well as my free time.

Also if anyones got any of the parts in my needed list please post here or pm me, I'm trying to get all the manual swap part stuff out of the way

Elite1JDM

Reaction score

good luck with that build bro. i have a friend selling a complete bottom end already with k series type s pistons, i have a h22 head im building and i might buy the bottom end off him. I hope that frankenstein will be reliable for daily use and if not ill put the h23 blue top back in! Cause my engine is healthy and i dont want to rip it apart. Anyway good luck on your swap man!:peace:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

You may want to talk to AFAccord as well, he may have parts that would help you out.

All the best with your build.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

Damn title threw me off I saw euro-r cl1 motor build and then i read g23... you had me all excited lol.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

best of wishes to ya on the swaps

and glad to see you decided to make a thread on the build.

NokBlue

Reaction score

Last edited:
Back