Evan's 05 TL 6MT

Discussion in 'Non-6GA Member's Rides' started by puzzlemaster94, Apr 22, 2018.

1. puzzlemaster94

puzzlemaster94 6GA Connoisseur

So some bad news:

Got the engine in the car, running great. I shifted from 3rd to 4th, and the car just died. Come to find out, my timing tensioner failed (NEW OEM), so either it got super lucky and shut the car down before that happened or I bent the valves, which is highly likely. So I have the motor and trans out again, (I'm getting decently quick at it now) and I'm either going to just get some heads from the junkyard and throw it back in, or I have a spare J32A2 laying around, which sounds fun to try and fit in there. I'll keep you all updated

2. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

You must be one unlucky person to have a new OEM Honda part fail on you. Hope the motor is alright. Good thing you have a 3rd daily driver? lol

3. puzzlemaster94

If the motor isnt, which it isnt looking great, I'll either just slap some heads on it and throw it back in until I find a clean shell to throw everything in. Or repair this shell, who knows. Needs body work, paint, and all that. But yea, my S10 is still truckin along.

RedRyder likes this.
  4. puzzlemaster94

Well car is running again. Pulled the engine again, trans, and threw it on a stand. Valves made contact, so I got heads from the junkyard and sent them off to the machine shop for the works. Threw the new heads on, and torqued everything to spec. New timing belt, water pump, tensioners, gaskets, engine/trans mounts, etc. Also deleted the check valve in the slave cylinder. Sucks I had to do this work twice, but I found out how it easy to tear these motors down. But everything is back in and running smoothly.

5. RedRyder

Nice. Pain to have to get into that as much as you did, but great way to learn stuff.

Did you delete the check valve in the slave cylinder of your 7GA 6MT tranny in your Accord?

6. puzzlemaster94

I have yet to do that, but I will be doing that soon

7. RedRyder

^what does that do exactly?

8. T.$.Racing

T.$.Racing Well-Known Member

Glad to hear its back up and running. Easily the best color combo I've ever seen on these cars. Wouldn't mind replacing my 6G with one of these as a DD